Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..I got this card lying around and it's basically my only agp card I've got left. I've just traded the x800 pro for a 6800GS so basically my question is, Can the vanta play source? Or Am I stuck to just playing 1.6 now?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
It may I know that the ''vanta'' is quite old, and I have a vanta tnt2 8mb card. It is worth a try, but I do know that my tnt2 vanta was dx6, but your just may be 7.

• Rep+
Reactions: r3tard

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
im doubting it, and if it can, it will have horrible fps, i can barely play source w/ my geforce3 ti 200 on minimum setting and no eyecandy whatsoever... but give it a try

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have played it on a gf2 mx400, and on a 320 igp, which is onboard intragrated graphics and it plays it at like 15-18fps.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
does it have ddr ram or sd mine old one has ddr ram and ocs like mad and it plays it at 25-26 fps

• Rep+
Reactions: r3tard

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Either one should be able to play it because I have played it on my sdr gf2 mx400, granted I have that thing clocked like hell it should still run.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xypex982

Either one should be able to play it because I have played it on my sdr gf2 mx400, granted I have that thing clocked like hell it should still run.

yep, gf2mx 400 also has tnl and is dx7 compliant and has ps1.1

vanta has like 100/100 gpu/mmem, no tnl and no pixel shaders, so no it cant play source...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Ohhh, weak, sry dude. LOL my vanta was at like 90/110 or somthing like that. You can probley get a card almost anything at or above gf2 mx and then be able to play, heck you my be able to trade with someone.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's only a fixer upper. I got a GS sitting in a friend's locker just have to pay him then get a pci-e mobo * DFI INFINITY SLI
* Just wondering as it'll be a few weeks till I get my new kickass system running. Thanks for the replies, Reps for all

BTW, If anyone wants to play 1.6 you know I'm down. Hah

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I got a few fixer uppers here their great to tweak with and have 1.6 lans with. Gosh I don't know how many night I have spent tweaking a pentuim w/mmx, PII, PIII, and an old old socket a 900mhz athlon, lol, they do give you good headaches sometimes though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
seriously, i was at my moms the other day, i needed to print somehting off when i was there her system = "celeron 633, 192mb of sdram "pc66" 80gb hdd and onboard video". that thing just gives me a head ache when im on it its so slow haha... but i oc'd it to 701mhz for her haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts