Overclock.net banner

Geforce 64 meg Vanta AGP?

694 12
Hey guys..I got this card lying around and it's basically my only agp card I've got left. I've just traded the x800 pro for a 6800GS so basically my question is, Can the vanta play source? Or Am I stuck to just playing 1.6 now?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
It may I know that the ''vanta'' is quite old, and I have a vanta tnt2 8mb card. It is worth a try, but I do know that my tnt2 vanta was dx6, but your just may be 7.

• Rep+
Reactions: r3tard

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
im doubting it, and if it can, it will have horrible fps, i can barely play source w/ my geforce3 ti 200 on minimum setting and no eyecandy whatsoever... but give it a try

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I have played it on a gf2 mx400, and on a 320 igp, which is onboard intragrated graphics and it plays it at like 15-18fps.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
does it have ddr ram or sd mine old one has ddr ram and ocs like mad and it plays it at 25-26 fps

• Rep+
Reactions: r3tard

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Either one should be able to play it because I have played it on my sdr gf2 mx400, granted I have that thing clocked like hell it should still run.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xypex982

Either one should be able to play it because I have played it on my sdr gf2 mx400, granted I have that thing clocked like hell it should still run.

yep, gf2mx 400 also has tnl and is dx7 compliant and has ps1.1

vanta has like 100/100 gpu/mmem, no tnl and no pixel shaders, so no it cant play source...

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Ohhh, weak, sry dude. LOL my vanta was at like 90/110 or somthing like that. You can probley get a card almost anything at or above gf2 mx and then be able to play, heck you my be able to trade with someone.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's only a fixer upper. I got a GS sitting in a friend's locker just have to pay him then get a pci-e mobo * DFI INFINITY SLI
* Just wondering as it'll be a few weeks till I get my new kickass system running. Thanks for the replies, Reps for all

BTW, If anyone wants to play 1.6 you know I'm down. Hah

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I got a few fixer uppers here their great to tweak with and have 1.6 lans with. Gosh I don't know how many night I have spent tweaking a pentuim w/mmx, PII, PIII, and an old old socket a 900mhz athlon, lol, they do give you good headaches sometimes though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
seriously, i was at my moms the other day, i needed to print somehting off when i was there her system = "celeron 633, 192mb of sdram "pc66" 80gb hdd and onboard video". that thing just gives me a head ache when im on it its so slow haha... but i oc'd it to 701mhz for her haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.