Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the chance to overclock this vid card?? I'm having a custom built comp made and chose this card with the hopes that I could overcl**** it to get even better results. Anyone here done this before??

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a BFG Geforce 7800 GT OC (overclocked), but is there any way i can tweak the settings even higher than the manufacturer overclocked the card?

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Protege73

Has anyone had the chance to overclock this vid card?? I'm having a custom built comp made and chose this card with the hopes that I could overcl**** it to get even better results. Anyone here done this before??

Yes, you can overclock that card. You need to download coolbits to do it. Just remember to go slow.

edit: @ dhood - The only way to know for sure is to try, but you should be able to get a bit more out of it.

BTW - Please be sure to fill out you rigs profile so we can help you better, it can be found in UserCP at the top of every page.

·
Registered
4 Posts
pjlietz thank u for the reply, i was wondering if i have to download coolbits2 as well becuz i downloaded ATItoolz (even tho i have an nvidia card, but the new version allows nvidia cards) and it still seems to be overclocking my core and memory

p.s. i read an article on gamespot.com that said they clocked their 7800 gt OC to 499 core and 1.2 memory and assume i can safely get it there as well

thanks

·
Registered
490 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhood62

pjlietz thank u for the reply, i was wondering if i have to download coolbits2 as well becuz i downloaded ATItoolz (even tho i have an nvidia card, but the new version allows nvidia cards) and it still seems to be overclocking my core and memory

p.s. i read an article on gamespot.com that said they clocked their 7800 gt OC to 499 core and 1.2 memory and assume i can safely get it there as well

thanks

All cards overclock differently, even being the same make/model. Don't directly jump your settings to 499/1200. Take it up 5mhz at a time and test for artifacts. Yes, there is a good chance that you can reach 499/1200 also.

For example, before I SLI'd my 7800gt's I could get my one card (arctic cooled) to 505/1290 before artifacting.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
what are artifacts, apart from the things indiana jones looks for, lol.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
When you run a game for a while. ANd let your card heat up.
If you get artifacts it will be deviations in the image.
Such as white dots where they arent supposed to be.
Or stretching of parts of the image.
You WILL notice them if they are there and if its only a small amount you will still notice them it will just take a bit longer.
ATI TOOL is a good prog to use to find out if you get artifacts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yea i upped the core and memory 5 mhz at a time, and i could first get it to 505 core and 1200 memory, but i just retried the max and it only got as far as 476 core before getting artifacts

is it normal for ur maxes to be different at certain times?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts