Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow..Not sure how much to beleive this :

Quote:
BEFORE the reviews start popping up on Wednesday, we got the chance to get you some games numbers for the G80.
In Open GL based Quake 4, the Geforce 8800 GTX is faster than two ATI X1950 XTX cards in Crossfire.

The Geforce 8800 GTX scores a few frames faster in every single resolution with and without FSAA 4X and Aniso 8X.

In FEAR, Crossfire keeps it nose in front by seven to eight frames, without the effects on, but at 1600x1200 or higher resolutions the 8800 GTX card is faster. In FEAR with 4X FSAA and 16X Aniso on, Crossfire wins in three from four resolutions but it is never more than seven to eight frames faster.

We also know that you can play Battlefield 2142 at 1600x1200 all effects on and have a 100 FPS all the time. Nvidia really did a great job this time, it will be a worthy upgrade.

A single Nvidia G80, Geforce 8800 GTX card can beat a pair of ATI's fastest X1950 XTX cards! I think DAAMIT might have a problem until it releases its much-delayed R600 card, next year
R600 NEXT YEAR ***.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35546

·
Banned
2,586 Posts
i love this... for once ill be getting a top of the line card!!!

And maybe i could get into the graphic benchmark top30

·
Registered
694 Posts
That is simply smoking. Talk about expandability.

Best of the Best now, and another year from now, buy another for SLI, and Bingo, you've got yourself a 2 or 3 year solution.

Anyone notice the twin SLI Bridge connectors. What is up with that?

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
of course it's gunna be faster. What sort of dumbass statement is that?! They aren't going to double\riple the power and heat just to keep up with the ATI cards.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Jester View Post
of course it's gunna be faster. What sort of dumbass statement is that?! They aren't going to double\riple the power and heat just to keep up with the ATI cards.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I think he means that nVidia are not going to make such a power hungry heat generating monster just to keep up, their aiming to surpass ATI's offering.

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cokker
View Post

I think he means that nVidia are not going to make such a power hungry heat generating monster just to keep up, their aiming to surpass ATI's offering.

He ment they aren't going to make cards as power consuming as ATi's just to see if that helped their sales

·
404 Title Not Found
2,326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Snyper
View Post

Anyone notice the twin SLI Bridge connectors. What is up with that?

A rumor was floating around that they may go for 3x cards, but maybe its just for extra bus's between the two cards. If you think about it.. you could hook any number of cards together if you could use one connector every other card. I doubt they'll do more than 2 cards, but who knows.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Still waiting for my 512-bit 1GB R600...

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
*DROOL*.. Some should be in stores tonight and the hard launch is tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts