Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
If you wand to buy now. Get the 7970s. They will overclock much further than the 670.

It's already been proven a few times that a 7970 oc vs a 680 oc that e performance is nearly identical. I have also heard that the 670 isn't overclocking as well as the 680 nor 7970.

If you are going for a more clean look and and not overclocking to the max then I would opt for 670s since you save money and the performance is quite great.

Either way you will be happy with your choices and the configuration should be based on the resolution you want to game on, the games you want to play and if you Wang to push every ounce of performance out of your cards

Enjoy

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsagna View Post

If you wand to buy now. Get the 7970s. They will overclock much further than the 670.
It's already been proven a few times that a 7970 oc vs a 680 oc that e performance is nearly identical. I have also heard that the 670 isn't overclocking as well as the 680 nor 7970.
If you are going for a more clean look and and not overclocking to the max then I would opt for 670s since you save money and the performance is quite great.
Either way you will be happy with your choices and the configuration should be based on the resolution you want to game on, the games you want to play and if you Wang to push every ounce of performance out of your cards
Enjoy
Thanks, I've never really overclocked my GPUs much before. As for what i'll be using it for, I game at 2560 x 1600 resolution, that's about it. I saw some benchs on Tom's Hardware and the 670 seemed to beat out the 7970's in almost all benches, so I'm kind of confused what to get at the moment. But I'm leaning more toward the Geforces as Radeons in Crossfire have microstuttering issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts