Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
you should try ejecting your graphics card!
biggrin.gif
I didn't know this was a thing and I just updated 5 minutes ago and I have two 970's. I'm folding right now and it's holding steady so I'll see if there is any issues but I do have the option to eject but I think I will keep the update for now.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
207 Posts
Funny, it still shows 361.75 for me on geforce.com when looking into 900 series 970 win7 64 bit US international All.

Any direct links or alternative approaches?

I'm currently sitting on 358.91 atm though but I'm having some hunches about it with certain issues but the other latest ones, I don't really trust em.

Nvidias development keeps proving themselves pretty bad in regards with drivers that are flagshipping a new version number... idk.

Peasant myths...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Pretty sad that Nvidia is going down that road... They used to have the most rock stable drivers and now they slack themselves just because they think they can afford it...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post

Funny, it still shows 361.75 for me on geforce.com when looking into 900 series 970 win7 64 bit US international All.

Any direct links or alternative approaches?

I'm currently sitting on 358.91 atm though but I'm having some hunches about it with certain issues but the other latest ones, I don't really trust em.

Nvidias development keeps proving themselves pretty bad in regards with drivers that are flagshipping a new version number... idk.

Peasant myths...
Link is in the OP.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ah right, I don't know how I missed that
biggrin.gif

·
Rabies is my business
4,384 Posts
I had massive stuttering in War Thunder, Afterburner readings were crazy and then I noticed the "Safely eject Nvidia 970 GTX". I have to wonder, did anyone try to eject theirs to see what would happen?

·
Crayon Evangelist
7,640 Posts
NVCP crashes on .75 and .82 when navigating to 3d settings. Install over old, then tried clean install, then tried DDU. Back to .43 and no issues.

mad.gif

I wanted to go out and buy the new Tomb Raider, but I guess I will wait til we get some working drivers

·
Gamer and overclocker !
1,892 Posts
Do this to remove the USB icon :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm key in the windows Registry and set SurpriseRemovalSupport to 0, then reboot.

no need for this hotfix.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

NVCP crashes on .75 and .82 when navigating to 3d settings. Install over old, then tried clean install, then tried DDU. Back to .43 and no issues.

mad.gif

I wanted to go out and buy the new Tomb Raider, but I guess I will wait til we get some working drivers
I currently rolled to the latest driver and am on win10. I instealled the OS on the 13th of Feb.

No issues as of yet but again, some stuff is funky and graphical glitches, not artifacts, but glitches started appearing. Most specifically the weird ground hover problems on the latest Witcher 3 1.12.1

idk...

When I get home in the morning I'm rolling to 358.87 just to test a certain users theory.

But why I'm posting this.

I wanted to mention that with .43, after having applied all the NVidia Inspector profiles manually. The 1st options menu in NVCP BSODs the PC with THRED_EXCEPTION yada yada yada on nvd####.sys, the nvidia core driver.

This is to just give you guys an example. For most of you, .43 is fine and actually it was fine in all aspects for me aswell, except that going to that menu right above the 3d settings option on the left hand-side pane in NVCP, BSODs my PC after having applied inspectors profiles.

It's just, funny how these things are...

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
lol... since it was a 2 page thread I figured it was a new one
smile.gif

So I checked MY driver version and noticed it was already newer than this thread ones
smile.gif

I'm on a Dutch version of Win7 so could someone explain me what that eject stuff is???

A driver ejecting a card??? (Like out of your case or what
thumb.gif

·
Crayon Evangelist
7,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSfreak View Post

lol... since it was a 2 page thread I figured it was a new one
smile.gif

So I checked MY driver version and noticed it was already newer than this thread ones
smile.gif

I'm on a Dutch version of Win7 so could someone explain me what that eject stuff is???

A driver ejecting a card??? (Like out of your case or what
thumb.gif
I think it is some errata from the thunderbolt connected external GPUs that are hitting the market. Those apparently CAN be "ejected" like an external hard drive.

I think it goes without saying, but I will say it anyway...DONT remove your GPU from your PCIE slot while the system is powered up
thumb.gif

·
Registered
207 Posts
361.75, install and see

Idk if anyone actually tried doing it but the eject thingy is 1 to 1 as if you would eject an USB.

That is how it looks like at least. I haven't yet seen anyone do it though. It would be a bit counter-productive to try too
biggrin.gif
. Might do some serious harm maybe.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

I think it is some errata from the thunderbolt connected external GPUs that are hitting the market. Those apparently CAN be "ejected" like an external hard drive.

I think it goes without saying, but I will say it anyway...DONT remove your GPU from your PCIE slot while the system is powered up
thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post

361.75, install and see

Idk if anyone actually tried doing it but the eject thingy is 1 to 1 as if you would eject an USB.

That is how it looks like at least. I haven't yet seen anyone do it though. It would be a bit counter-productive to try too
biggrin.gif
. Might do some serious harm maybe.
But I'm already on 361.91 so passed 361.75 and did not noticed/had issues. Not that I need them
wink.gif

And don't remove anything when it's powered on
smile.gif
Don't think it will harm you, but will damage card if voltage spikes...
On my job it WILL harm you tho
smile.gif
when you "unplug" (read open) a switch under load
smile.gif
--> I'm a sparky on the grid in Belgium. So swapping a few kVA (kWatt) or MVA is a daily routine
tongue.gif

·
Registered
207 Posts
Whelp, tested that theory of a certain fellows, along with 4/5 other drivers....

Gotta admit, it actually holds true.

For the time being, on win10, 358.87 is the best driver all around, in my case.

I tried: 361.91 361.75 361.43 355.98(funny enough, this ones okay actually) 353.62 and yeah.

All the newer ones didn't feel as smooth as 358.87 and some of them had stuttering issues and graphical glitches(in demanding situations), whilst the advertised "best gaming experience" 353.62 had display driver crashes, as in actual crashes, no BSODs though but yeah...

Terrible terrible terrible.

Has anyone tried the newest one yet? I see they came out with a new version again yesterday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts