Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
BGP is my favorite
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Best Buy its $70 and i just want a better graphics than i have i want to know if it'll play CS:S and some other games maybe with low settings or sumthing cuz this time i actually have the money

·
OG
1,596 Posts
ummmmmmmm I Don't think it will be a big improvment from integrated graphics.

·
BGP is my favorite
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well on the back (lol) it shows like a big difference from Integrated soo idk
i just want a better gfx card but i good cheap one

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Get this. It's probably at least four times faster for the same price, and supports pixel shader 2.0 and directX9. That MX will only support directX 7.

·
OG
1,596 Posts
Try to get a 5500 or 5900 from best buy if you want some improvements. They shouldn't be much more than the mx440 costs.

·
BGP is my favorite
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks ill tell my dad soo he can use his credit card

edit:forgot i need PCI
and at best buy the PCI 5500 is $102

·
OG
1,596 Posts
Ah forget what I said get the one fishie told you about thats a good one for a great price

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
BTW I have that radeon 9550 in my moms comp and it plays CS:S at 1280X1024, medium, 2Xaa with 40-80 FPS.
So you can expect to get that with it too since her comp has a 1.7Ghz xenon.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
that card at best buy is pci, you need to make sure you get one that is compatible with your motherboard which i think is agp. anyway make sure and get a 9600 series from newegg if it is agp slot. gl.

·
BGP is my favorite
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok umm i need PCI i dont even have any AGP slots and im looking for others too soo... when i find more ill post um

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BluSmurf

ok umm i need PCI and im looking for others too soo... when i find more ill post um

Wait... you don't have AGP? You're best off not buying a graphics card then because PCI doesn't really work well at all for video cards.

·
BGP is my favorite
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok...
damn like a month ago i member a geforce 5500 for $50 and now it went back up to $100

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BluSmurf

ok...
damn like a month ago i member a geforce 5500 for $50 and now it went back up to $100

Well it's not the end of the world. Just save up a few more months, get a new motherboard, 512 stick of ram, and that video card and you will have one hot gaming machine!

·
BGP is my favorite
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wait i just got off the phone with my friend and he has a HP pavilon and he has i think a Geforce 5500 or 6200 and it works fine and hes got 128mb of ram and a crappy motherboard

how do i check how much ram i got? i i think i got more than 256

1 - 20 of 35 Posts