Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the latest geforce drivers 314 and was just wondering if anyone is experiencing 1 fps with tressfx enabled.
On my SLI GTX 560ti setup the game runs at max settings and 1920x1200 and ~60fps, but as soon as I enable TressFX it goes down to literally 1 fps, including the menus.

Are people getting this also? I've heard that there are some driver issues or even bugs in the game but surely 1 fps is a bit crazy right?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_dracula View Post

I have the latest geforce drivers 314 and was just wondering if anyone is experiencing 1 fps with tressfx enabled.
On my SLI GTX 560ti setup the game runs at max settings and 1920x1200 and ~60fps, but as soon as I enable TressFX it goes down to literally 1 fps, including the menus.

Are people getting this also? I've heard that there are some driver issues or even bugs in the game but surely 1 fps is a bit crazy right?
TressFX is an AMD feature. Doubt it's fully supported, if at all, by nVidia. I can't even play the game currently with the new nVidia Beta drivers, and SLI....

Edit: http://blogs.amd.com/play/tressfx/

Edit 2: It appears the guys in green have apologized for the TR experiences thus far:
Quote:
We are aware of major performance and stability issues with GeForce GPUs running Tomb Raider with maximum settings. Unfortunately, NVIDIA didn't receive final code until this past weekend which substantially decreased stability, image quality and performance over a build we were previously provided. We are working closely with Crystal Dynamics to address and resolve all game issues as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, we would like to apologize to GeForce users that are not able to have a great experience playing Tomb Raider, as they have come to expect with all of their favorite PC games.
Source: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/533493/geforce-drivers/nvidia-please-take-a-look-at-tomb-raider/post/3752523/#3752523

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart86 View Post

TressFX is an AMD feature. Doubt it's fully supported, if at all, by nVidia. I can't even play the game currently with the new nVidia Beta drivers, and SLI....

Edit: http://blogs.amd.com/play/tressfx/

Edit 2: It appears the guys in green have apologized for the TR experiences thus far:
Source: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/533493/geforce-drivers/nvidia-please-take-a-look-at-tomb-raider/post/3752523/#3752523
Thought so.
Oh well I suppose I should be happy it doesn't crash on me, yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
TressFX drops FPS only in close scenes with Lara's hair
biggrin.gif
ingame playing is OK but I didnt like the quality of TressFX.. expected better

·
Registered
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme512 View Post

biggrin.gif
The TressFX is nice, but it looks more like hair that is moving under water, instead of natural movement. Still like the feature though and will be using it!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme512 View Post

biggrin.gif
The TressFX is nice, but it looks more like hair that is moving under water, instead of natural movement. Still like the feature though and will be using it!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that's what I thought but the whole application goes into 1 fps mode, including menus, which I thought a bit odd.

·
Registered
27 Posts
NVidia seems to be having some problems with Tomb Raider.

On a side note, TressFX uses DirectCompute, so it's not locked to a particular brand, although, you can probably expect better performance with an AMD equivalent card, since AMD has better compute capabilities (excluding Titan, which is a compute monster).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
On my 460's it runs at 10-15 fps on the in-game benchmark with everything enabled except DoF, AA and v-sync

AA and v-sync are useless on a 100Hz CRT and DoF is just plain annoying

Without tesselation and high-precision I can get 45fps avg and 30's min with TressFX on

Without TressFX, tesselation and high-precision Enabled I get 75-80 avg and 55 min

My 460's are clocked at 850 since it's summer where I am
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
My 690 plows through the graphics on Ultimate with TressFX on, but it is so ridiculously unstable that I have disabled it. I can get 60+ FPS, but the game just is not optimized fully yet, making it extremely difficult to play without it crashing on me.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuhhhh View Post

My 690 plows through the graphics on Ultimate with TressFX on, but it is so ridiculously unstable that I have disabled it. I can get 60+ FPS, but the game just is not optimized fully yet, making it extremely difficult to play without it crashing on me.
Hey you have too on the same places fps drop to 1 ? ( 1 second laag stutter, some places on caves )

·
Registered
625 Posts
Well I'm getting 60+ fps (had drop down to 45 fps in one big area so far), with everything set to max settings except tressFX and tesselation. I'm also playing in windowed mode to get all the effects such as rain drops on screen, lens flares, etc.

What I also noticed is that if you enable Tesselation with windowed mode, all those effects will disappear. So I suggest keeping it off. It doesn't seem to affect image quality anyway. I think tesselation is bugged.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Yeah but on some areas my fps drop to 1 . ITs like lag or stutter. Its to game related or drivers or GPU?

6:16 - 6:18 here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts