Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! Welcome to another help KoSoVaR thread.

Well, it's been since last July that I purchased this system. I first had Mushkin Redline XP4000, which didn't work out for me because of some cold boot issues with the DFI LP SLI-DR. I then RMAd them months later after careful analysis and got the Geil ONE TCCD because of so many good reviews.

Now, I don't know what it is. The computer just won't overclock. I'm starting to hate it. Here are the images from CPU-Z.

What other information would you guys like to have to solve my mess? I have a water cooling setup and the temps are idle 21c, load 25c.. so I have plenty of headroom

I'm just frustrated. I want to get a new processor, memory, and graphics card. I also want to get a new case and put a Big Typhoon on to cool the processor. That is if I don't get this to work
I hate this 3200+! I don't know if it's the memory or the processor, or the bios!

omgzor?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
You're going to have to loosen up those timings to get any mhz out of them. How high are you looking to go, these should (with the right timmings) do about [email protected] or maybe even 2.5-3-3-8 but it will take some tunning and they won't go anywhere at the timmings you show in cpu-z.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I know that. I put them at 2.5-4-4-8, but what about all of the other options in the BIOS? What should I put for those?

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Don't do those timings. They are very picky.

Try 2.5-4-3-6. I did the ssame thing. xp4000 to geil ONE. Try 2.5-4-3-6...it'll be good up and over 300.

Good luck. Tell me how it goes.

EDIT: Oh, and keep it at 2.6 for now. It shouldn't need any more than that.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so 10x260 .. mem at 2.5-4-3-6 and everything else at auto on the dfi board?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Actually, the better way to approach the rest of those pesky memory timings is to run everything on Auto (at stock settings) and open A64 tweaker or systool or everest and copy down the memory timing settings.

Then you can redo your overclock settings with the loose timings, and change the rest of the settings to the values you found from A64 tweaker/etc.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoSoVaR

so 10x260 .. mem at 2.5-4-3-6 and everything else at auto on the dfi board?

Ya, just leave all the other timings alone for now. 260 should work no sweat. Actually...I'm pretty sure I could get 260 at 2-3-3-6...but I'm not sure exactly how far I got with those timings.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The comp won't boot 10x225 @ 2.5-4-3-6...

Everything is set to auto. Bios update maybe?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns

Ya, just leave all the other timings alone for now. 260 should work no sweat. Actually...I'm pretty sure I could get 260 at 2-3-3-6...but I'm not sure exactly how far I got with those timings.

Which bios do you use .. and do you have the Ultra-D with the SLI mod or the SLI-DR?

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

The comp won't boot 10x225 @ 2.5-4-3-6...

Everything is set to auto. Bios update maybe?

what's the vcore? vdimm? htt multi?

try setting ldtv up a notch. that helps sometimes.

actually...mine doesn't like booting up at low frequencies with loose timings. It should boot up at 225 with 1.5-2-2-5. Jack it straight up to 250 and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It doesn't boot up at 250 either, and I went lower and it didn't boot up their either.

The BIOS I'm running is 6/23-3

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Which bios do you use .. and do you have the Ultra-D with the SLI mod or the SLI-DR?

I have the sli mod. But you should know...it's the exact same thing other than the extra raid.

I use 704bta.

It's a really good BIOS, and rock solid stable.

EDIT: You are using orange slots right? I liked them better in there...gave me a few extra mhz from the tccd.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

It doesn't boot up at 250 either, and I went lower and it didn't boot up their either.

The BIOS I'm running is 6/23-3

Hmmm..that's weird.

Try a 9 multi...then jack up to 270...see what happens there. Keep trying until it works lol.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope, not using the orange slots. Can you attatch 704BTA here and I'll flash it up and switch slots.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay guys.. I switched to the 704-2BTA bios, went to the orange slots.. and it won't boot anything past 225 FSB.

10x225 = 2250mhz
1.5-2-2-5

I tried 8x250, the memory was 2.5-4-3-6, and it was stuck on Backing up CMOS - Complete!, but it wasn't locked up because I could press Num LOCK, it was just sitting there.

I remember I was having the cold boot problem with the XP4000 but I remember getting to atleast 2.5ghz in to windows, even if it wasn't stable. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry for the double post, here is a screen shot of A64 tweaker for the memory settings. Let me know what I should change

Alright.. I don't know what to do guys. It won't boot with 2.5-4-4-8, 2.5-4-3-6.. all of those at 10x250. This is just starting to tick me off.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Sorry for the double post, here is a screen shot of A64 tweaker for the memory settings. Let me know what I should change

Alright.. I don't know what to do guys. It won't boot with 2.5-4-4-8, 2.5-4-3-6.. all of those at 10x250. This is just starting to tick me off.

Try this. Load optimized defaults. Turn of C+Q, errata, throttling, etc. Then put your multi to 10, and up your vcore to something healthy. Set your mem to 200, and change JUST the 4 initial timings to 2.5-4-3-6 (2.5-4-6-3 if you do it in order of that bios.) Then up your FSB to 250 and give it a try.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts