Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have bought this ram and installed it, but not fired my rig up yet, just red a review about it and it doesnt seem to be as good as the new stuff
im well sad, is this good ram or not? or am i taking to peoples opinions too much??

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read it was **** with AMD 64 processors tho
is this true?
it hits 300?? its supposed to be 550!!!!

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_s_1

i read it was **** with AMD 64 processors tho
is this true?
it hits 300?? its supposed to be 550!!!!

No idea about compatability with A64 processors.

300mhz = DDR600

I've been able to push mine up to 310mhz with 3.2v

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

No idea about compatability with A64 processors.

300mhz = DDR600

I've been able to push mine up to 310mhz with 3.2v

how are the timings changed??
ive never understood that bit

i dont know how to oc ram :s lol got a quick guide?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Timings are settings in the BIOS, normally on the 'Advanced' menu or something like that.

Most of the time, your timings will be set to AUTO, meaning your mobo detects the memorys correct timings.

You can however set it to manual, and modify the settings yourself.

I believe the default timings on our ram is 3-4-4-8 which is pretty much standard in the ram world, however, if you are not overclocking the memory speed by much i've been able to get mine to 2-3-3-6 with 3.2v. Decreasing the timings (latency) will give you a little extra performance.

As far as overclocking your ram goes, this is done automatically when you increase the FSB of your processor. If you run your processor FSB at 250mhz, then your ram will run at 250mhz too (unless you select a divider).

·
Registered
770 Posts
Quote:

i have bought this ram and installed it, but not fired my rig up yet, just red a review about it and it doesnt seem to be as good as the new stuff
im well sad, is this good ram or not? or am i taking to peoples opinions too much??

I've got it, and love it, I got big stability improvements, lower timings, and higher overclock than my previous GeIL DDR400. Big thumbs up

• Rep+
Reactions: andy_s_1

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im a bit happier now
lol, this mag i was reading was saying it was amazing last month then this month they are saying its not as good?? how ddoes that work? ha but thanks guys
big rep up for you two!

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

well im a bit happier now
lol, this mag i was reading was saying it was amazing last month then this month they are saying its not as good?? how ddoes that work? ha but thanks guys
big rep up for you two!

I never trust mags/review sites - only the real life people that use the stuff day in day out.....You'll like it, i'm sure

Cheers for the reps btw

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

I never trust mags/review sites - only the real life people that use the stuff day in day out.....You'll like it, i'm sure

Cheers for the reps btw

cheers, i think its about the 5th ive left you
haha always helpful

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

cheers, i think its about the 5th ive left you
haha always helpful

Glad to be of service. Maybe you can help me if/when i decide to buy a fx53/fx55/4000+ rig...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts