Overclock.net banner

Gelid Thermal Pad shortages ...

1417 11
Is this the same thing as is happening with electronic component shortages ??

Ive gone across several websites and the same story, Gelid thermal pad be it the extreme or utimate has shortages for the ranges that are in high demand, which is looking to be the 1 mm and 1.5 mm thickness.

Dont really understand how such a large company cannot be able to supply thermal pads.

Maybe they are discontinuing these products ??
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
884 Posts
Not sure if you guys have heard this already, but the Gelid Ultimate pads should probably be avoided in most cases. They're much harder than typical silicone pads so they require a lot of pressure to compress, and without proper compression they won't perform anywhere near the 17W/mK rating. The Gelid Extreme pads are much more pliable and won't cause GPU core contact issues.

· Registered
2,410 Posts
Not sure if you guys have heard this already, but the Gelid Ultimate pads should probably be avoided in most cases. They're much harder than typical silicone pads so they require a lot of pressure to compress, and without proper compression they won't perform anywhere near the 17W/mK rating. The Gelid Extreme pads are much more pliable and won't cause GPU core contact issues.
I'm pretty sure all the 17w/mK pads are hard. Same with fujipoly AFAIK. so if you're going for the extreme pads in any brand thickness may have to be adjusted.

· Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the ultimate pads in 1.0 mm and they are not hard at all??

Mine are quite squidgy and become brittle after being compressed making it difficult to re-use them

· Registered
884 Posts
I'm pretty sure all the 17w/mK pads are hard. Same with fujipoly AFAIK. so if you're going for the extreme pads in any brand thickness may have to be adjusted.
Yeah the fuji are about the same I think. Gotta make a distinction between extreme performance pads and Gelid Extreme🇹🇲 though. lol

I have the ultimate pads in 1.0 mm and they are not hard at all??

Mine are quite squidgy and become brittle after being compressed making it difficult to re-use them
I bought the Ultimate pads too, and they were considerably stiffer than any other pads I've used. Got them to replace the VRM pads on my mobo but they didn't make even contact with the MOSFETs so I replaced them with TG-PP-10.

If they work, then go for it.

· Registered
2,410 Posts
I just checked back at my Amazon order, and it looks like I did buy GELID Ultimate pads. They weren’t too hard. And they were able to compress decently. I applied some pressure with my hands and was able to imprint the memory chips with just a medium amount of pressure. I hope it was less than screws would be doing. (Unless I just have gorilla fingers).

they’re performing well, AFAIK.Memory temps are like 90-92 full tilt. (Previously 108* and throttling within 30sec) I think my sub par cooler on the HP branded card is what’s hurting things the worst.

· Registered
884 Posts
I just checked back at my Amazon order, and it looks like I did buy GELID Ultimate pads. They weren’t too hard. And they were able to compress decently. I applied some pressure with my hands and was able to imprint the memory chips with just a medium amount of pressure. I hope it was less than screws would be doing. (Unless I just have gorilla fingers).

they’re performing well, AFAIK.Memory temps are like 90-92 full tilt. (Previously 108* and throttling within 30sec) I think my sub par cooler on the HP branded card is what’s hurting things the worst.
That's pretty solid. What's the core hotspot delta over GPU temp?

· Banned
1,319 Posts
Is this the same thing as is happening with electronic component shortages ??
2~3C lower does not save the day of any one.
Some products get sold because many people are in denial to think properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.