Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in need of a new card and am planning on getting either a x1950XTX or a x1950Xfire card. I can get either one for $380 shipped, not sure if Id ever need to go xfire or even want to so Im thinking the xtx is the way to go.
Anyways I just want to know what some of you would do for a 1 card rig right now?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Personally, I'd get the XTX because it has one more monitor port and you can always get the Xfire edition if you desire an Xfire rig later on.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobob182
View Post

O yea, you need a powersupply with 30a on the 12v rail with that card, and 38a for xfire. I used a 20a and it didnt run as good as the 30a. I hear it underclocks itself because of less power. It also underclocks when your not using 3d app.

I have plenty of power for 1 card ATM and for the time being. Looks liek Ill be going with the xtx.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I have the X1950XTX and it rocks.

Just one thing though, I think your cpu will bottleneck it. My X2 4400 bottlenecked this card and it wasn't until i went C2D that this card really opened up. A few other guys on here have noticed similar 'bottlenecking'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts