Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some arctic silver 5 that I want to put on the stock intel heatsink for my Celeron D (Why buy a new heatsink when I need to save for a Prescott 3.0) but I'm not sure what the best way to get rid of the grey pad of thermal paste that came with the heatsink is. Do I just use something like a credit card to scrape it off and wipe it with alcohol? What do you guys recommend?

PS What would I do without you all?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by googliagen

I have some arctic silver 5 that I want to put on the stock intel heatsink for my Celeron D (Why buy a new heatsink when I need to save for a Prescott 3.0) but I'm not sure what the best way to get rid of the grey pad of thermal paste that came with the heatsink is. Do I just use something like a credit card to scrape it off and wipe it with alcohol? What do you guys recommend?

You got it...Ideally scrape it with a credit card and then use rubbing alcohol to get the remaining off.

If you havn't got rubbing alcohol, use something like vodka

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Its a shame your not int he UK, coz i've got about 3 copper heatsinks i'd be willing to give away free!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Its a shame your not int he UK, coz i've got about 3 copper heatsinks i'd be willing to give away free!

Just out of curiousity, what kind of heatsinks and give me a rough estimate on shipping. I might consider paying the shipping for you. Also fell free to e-mail me. Thanks!

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Just out of curiousity, what kind of heatsinks and give me a rough estimate on shipping. I might consider paying the shipping for you. Also fell free to e-mail me. Thanks!

I'll have to check them out. But i went thru this recently with someone, and it worked out cheaper to buy a brand new heatsink than it was to pay for shipping from UK to US (unless you want to wait 5 weeks for delivery).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts