Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kepler will be released in 2.Quartal 2011!

Should we wait for Kepler that is according to Nvidia going to be 3 times more powerful than fermi?
Or just go with the GTX 595 Dual Fermi as Kepler will stand no chance against it?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Kepler is to be released some during 2011, not specifically Q2. And I doubt that any new architecture will be 3 times faster than the 500 series. There is also no direct proof that a dual-fermi card will surface or not. Just get a 500 series card.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
If you have gtx 400 series wait for maxwell or gtx 200 series wait for kepler

I'll wait for Maxwell since it'll be 10 times faster then Kepler in 2013

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
just keep waiting, there's always something new around the corner

that way, you'll never have to buy anything
wink.gif

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenester;11989525
Kepler is to be released some during 2011, not specifically Q2. And I doubt that any new architecture will be 3 times faster than the 500 series. There is also no direct proof that a dual-fermi card will surface or not. Just get a 500 series card.
Is been speculate that Kepler is 2.5 time faster then the Fermi, nvidia roadmap show its, I'm a work ATM and is using my galaxy s, too lazy to find it lol but is on ocn before

·
Registered
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenester;11989604
Lol,
proof.gif
?
Design process reduction.

45nm (Fermi) -> 28nm (Kepler) -> 16nm (Maxwell)

That means the transistors and stuff inside the chip get smaller, so they can fit more, which means they can make a more powerful card with less heat and less power consumption.

·
Premium Member
6,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenester;11989525
3x faster per watt

·
Banned
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yap that is the important thing ...3 times fast per watt!!
That does not mean gaming performance.

But still thus Kepler is also released in 2011 why not wait? Altough it will on be 3 times faster per watt it will still beat the 595 in terms of performance won´t it? So I think waiting is the best descision.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenester;11989604
Lol,
proof.gif
?
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20100921165317_Nvidia_Unveils_Three_Years_Roadmap_Kepler_and_Maxwell_Architectures_Incoming.html
Quote:
Next year - sometimes in the second half of 2011 - Nvidia plans to release GPUs based on the Kepler architecture. The chips will be made using 28nm process technology and will bring tangible performance improvements compared to currently shipping graphics chips based on Fermi architecture. According to Nvidia Fermi architecture is capable of achieving typical double precision (DP) performance of 1.5GFLOPS per watt. Kepler architecture will increase performance per watt by about 3 or 4 times, hence, it is possible to expect something like 1.125TFLOPS - 1.50TFLOPS of DP performance by a chip with 250W thermal design power. Although math performance with DP accuracy does not have a direct correlation with graphics performance it is possible to expect Kepler to be at least two or three times faster than Fermi in games

Nvidia Maxwell will be launched in 2013 according to chief executive of Nvidia Jen- Hsun Huang. Given the timeframe, it is logical to expect 20nm process technology to be used for manufacturing of Maxwell The architecture due in three years from now will offer whopping 14 - 16GFLOPS of DP performance per watt, a massive improvement over current-generation hardware. DP performance per watt, a massive improvement over current-generation hardware.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDarkTempler;11989563
If you have gtx 400 series wait for maxwell or gtx 200 series wait for kepler

I'll wait for Maxwell since it'll be 10 times faster then Kepler in 2013
there won't be maxwell. world will end in 2012! ZING

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
I'd go by that what you have now are you over due, buy the best you can get now and then only upgrade every 2-3yrs that's what I've always done and it seem's to work pretty good then you have time to save up and gives you plenty of time to get your monnies worth, LOL

1 - 20 of 49 Posts