Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now... all ye fans of Bush get to the polls... Viva La Bush Dynasty. But seriously... no more politics now... just get to the polls... let your voice be heard... there will be many young mindless minions voting liberal becasue thats how it always is... the lollipop politics works on them... so offset their vote

4 more years!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I think less of you because you support Bush.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSman

I think less of you because you support Bush.

The way I look at it is, who would you prefer as a leader Ivan the Terrible or Mr. Ed?

I would prefer having an agressive leader to one that talkes without thinking nad can't make up their mind.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

The way I look at it is, who would you prefer as a leader Ivan the Terrible or Mr. Ed?

I would prefer having an agressive leader to one that talkes without thinking nad can't make up their mind.

Rant mode {ON}

An aggressive decision is not always a right one. The mark of a great leader is being able to admit when you’re wrong. Tony Blare (PM of England) admitted he was wrong about Iraq having WMD. He didn't blame the intelligence, he apologized. Bush just changes the subject.

I am not saying John Kerry is going to be a great president (he'll be a good one
but George Bush has been a bad one. He started a war, put the economy in the toilet and brought hatred toward America around the world to an all time high. I am not just talking about arib countries ether. The only country in the ENTIRE WORLD that has a favorable view of President Bush is the USA, and according to the latest polls, less the 50% of you.

I see the choice for president as between a man who has been the worst president in America history and a man who can’t possible be as bad.

Please, for the safety of the world. Vote for John Kerry.

Rant mode {OFF}

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Were to start, yes I agree Bush has been a horrible President and I do dilike him and his methods, but we should not just vote for the other guys because he is the other guy.

What improvements can John Kerry really follow through with, would he show the world that we are a push-over or stand ground. I say give Bush 4 more years to finish what he started then he will be out of our hair and the world would no longer consider him a threat when he legally cannot regain his power, if the is not elected he can still run in future elections.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSman

Rant mode {ON}

An aggressive decision is not always a right one. The mark of a great leader is being able to admit when you’re wrong. Tony Blare (PM of England) admitted he was wrong about Iraq having WMD. He didn't blame the intelligence, he apologized. Bush just changes the subject.

I am not saying John Kerry is going to be a great president (he'll be a good one but George Bush has been a bad one. He started a war, put the economy in the toilet and brought hatred toward America around the world to an all time high. I am not just talking about arib countries ether. The only country in the ENTIRE WORLD that has a favorable view of President Bush is the USA, and according to the latest polls, less the 50% of you.

I see the choice for president as between a man who has been the worst president in America history and a man who can’t possible be as bad.

Please, for the safety of the world. Vote for John Kerry.

Rant mode {OFF}

So you really think John Kerry will make the world a safer place? The USA does not need a timid, cautious and indecicive leader right now. In the words of Churchill; "Action this day" is what is required, and Kerry is not that kind of man. Every politicitan is a weed, and I hate them all, but I prefer Bush to Kerry, and I'm not even American so I don't know why I'm doing this

"He started a war", well excuse me but I could have sworn the terrorists started the "war" on September 11, and the building blocks have been there a lot longer than George W. has been in the White House. Please don't tell me your're referring to the Iraqi campaign as war. That is a skirmish (no offence to anyone who has lost a loved one out there, my cousin is a captain in the British Army out in Basra right now). The initial action against Saddam Husseins military can be called a war, because we were fighting an organised military unit, with a clear central command. Now, we are fighting small resistance, with no clear command and no military discipline. Wars are fought between soldiers, and soldiers have honor. Terrorists and rebels are NOT soldiers, and have no honor - soldiers are repulsed by the thought of killing women, children or innocent civilians.

George W. Bush was right to take America into Iraq, who gives a damn if he didn't say exactly why, because Saddam needed to go (12 years of ignoring the UN?). He was also right to fight back against terrorism, would you rather he backed down and gave in? The only real criticsm I would have of Bush is the way he has handled Iraq post-Saddam. US troops are far too 'gung-ho', too eager to point their guns at you, and so the trust of the Iraqi peoples has been lost. The British Army has been much easier on the people of Basra, and see how much violence there is in that area.

One last point to anyone whos bothered to read this far (setite
), is a veiw echoed across Britain; why the hell can't the US, with more than 100,000 troops in Iraq, cope with the demand? And what are 600 Black Watch troops going to do better than the much-vaunted US Marines?

To the Black Watch boys, I say good luck, and good on you. You know the a**hole Geoff Hoon wants you disbanded, but you still go into danger. Nice one boys.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. Bush made mistakes. But Kerry is not the man to right them. Had they picked a man of equal or greater integrity than Bush, I very well may have voted for him. But as was said, do not vote for the "other guy" just to do it. And to BS, I am an independent and a Bush supporter. With that you should know, that unlike flip floppin Kerry who does everything just to be opposite and popular, I stick to what I believe. I stand by my president regardless of his mistakes as I still feel he is the better man for the job. If you think less of me, fine, because I don't pick my politics because they are pretty or sound nice, I derive my views from what I know to be right. If I went for a "popular" view on everything I'd be a sugar-coated hippy liberal. But good luck getting your man elected. And as usual, I am not gonna be nice when attacked, but I, unlike you, do not think less of you because of your views.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

Yes. Bush made mistakes. But Kerry is not the man to right them. Had they picked a man of equal or greater integrity than Bush, I very well may have voted for him. But as was said, do not vote for the "other guy" just to do it. And to BS, I am an independent and a Bush supporter. With that you should know, that unlike flip floppin Kerry who does everything just to be opposite and popular, I stick to what I believe. I stand by my president regardless of his mistakes as I still feel he is the better man for the job. If you think less of me, fine, because I don't pick my politics because they are pretty or sound nice, I derive my views from what I know to be right. If I went for a "popular" view on everything I'd be a sugar-coated hippy liberal. But good luck getting your man elected. And as usual, I am not gonna be nice when attacked, but I, unlike you, do not think less of you because of your views.

well said

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha thanks guys... but yea i can't describe the feeling when i read the post. i wasn't shocked because ive been getting in fights with people since freshman year, the term black republican or any black non-democrat doesn't go over well. I guess I was more wondering why he chose to say he respected me less... and who is he to think that I may care? I've never seen the guy around the forums. And Shawn.. he looks to be another canuck like you... haha... i pissed off another canadian... my ex-girlfriend and now BS

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

haha thanks guys... but yea i can't describe the feeling when i read the post. i wasn't shocked because ive been getting in fights with people since freshman year, the term black republican or any black non-democrat doesn't go over well. I guess I was more wondering why he chose to say he respected me less... and who is he to think that I may care? I've never seen the guy around the forums. And Shawn.. he looks to be another canuck like you... haha... i pissed off another canadian... my ex-girlfriend and now BS

You pissed off a canadian, thanks to american media I don't think that is difficult, just look at all of the man-hating canadian women in media...lol

no offense ment to my brothers from the north.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

I Voted!

way to go... now just hop on the AMD64 boat and you'll be perfect

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

way to go... now just hop on the AMD64 boat and you'll be perfect

I must say, It seems we agree on something Setite.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can understand that some people think that Bush made mistakes, and want to vote for anyone else but him, but Kerry??? I haven't met anybody that actually has good reason why they like Kerry, they just dont like Bush. What makes you think that Kerry will be a good leader? Maybe it's his secret "plan" that he wont tell anybody about.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfo6463

I can understand that some people think that Bush made mistakes, and want to vote for anyone else but him, but Kerry??? I haven't met anybody that actually has good reason why they like Kerry, they just dont like Bush. What makes you think that Kerry will be a good leader? Maybe it's his secret "plan" that he wont tell anybody about.

His secret plan is to make the US buy a whole lot of ketchup... to make himself, whoops I mean his master Ms Heinz, richer.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

His secret plan is to make the US buy a whole lot of ketchup... to make himself, whoops I mean his master Ms Heinz, richer.

So to make sure I understand Kerry plans to have the military even more active and replace half of each MRE with Heinz ketchup?

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

So to make sure I understand Kerry plans to have the military even more active and replace half of each MRE with Heinz ketchup?

He couldnt decide weather to put mustard or ketchup in them.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

He couldnt decide weather to put mustard or ketchup in them.

I think he will use use the mustard, because you can't fake blood with mustard to get out of duty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quote:

you can't fake blood with mustard to get out of duty.

Well he's done a pretty good job convincing some people to vote for him. If he can do that, it shouldn't be too hard to trick them into thinking mustard is blood.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts