Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
that is such a sick deal, i feel bad for any one that just bought a GTX+. These things are so cheap! $260 for 2 and have some MEAN PPD or a sick gaming rig. 2 of em still beats a 285 afaik.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdude View Post
that is such a sick deal, i feel bad for any one that just bought a GTX+. These things are so cheap! $260 for 2 and have some MEAN PPD or a sick gaming rig. 2 of em still beats a 285 afaik.
daggum straight. It may be a rebadged GTX+ but thats still pretty good and its EVGA to boot. Most of these are much cheaper than the GTX+. Way to go Nvidia. You actually did something right.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by noahmateen1234 View Post
Yeah, they look tempting. I may wanna get 2 1gb versions and SLI them. However, I wanna see how these perform against a GTX 260 first. Are they exactly the same as a 9800GTX+ or are they a little different?
Pretty much identical from what I have heard. The GTX 260 core 216 is not 80% faster and yet its about 80% more expensive.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by noahmateen1234 View Post
Yeah, they look tempting. I may wanna get 2 1gb versions and SLI them. However, I wanna see how these perform against a GTX 260 first. Are they exactly the same as a 9800GTX+ or are they a little different?
lower power consumption, smaller size (9") and only 1 pci-e connector, they are like the non reference 9800gtx+ evga recently released.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
good competition

i was expecting higher prices for this

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
dang it I just love the shroud on the xfx one I ma have to get one just for that

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts