Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Junglist
Joined
·
7,233 Posts
At least we haven't known this since, what, April? :L

Imitation is the best form of flattery
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pash1k;15189559
Tech companies copy each other all the time. Not that big of a deal, imo.
Its not a big deal but its annoying when apple blatantly copies things from windows, android and linux yet wines and complains when other people do the same to them. In fact when they copy they call it innovation and something life changing yet when someone else does it apple just sues them and complains they are stealing ideas.
 

·
Prince of all Saiyans
Joined
·
4,196 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
Apple has been copying ideas since Xerox, which makes their lawsuits kinda ironic.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrharvey;15189598
Its not a big deal but its annoying when apple blatantly copies things from windows, android and linux yet wines and complains when other people do the same to them. In fact when they copy they call it innovation and something life changing yet when someone else does it apple just sues them and complains they are stealing ideas.
Get over it, that's business.

Coming from a 3GS to my SII, I can tell that this thing is an imitation of an iPhone in nearly every single aspect. From physical features to the feel of the OS.

When you see something in the market that is successful, you look at how you can adapt and improve such features into your own product. It's not right, but it's how the world works and Android is far from innocent, they're all as bad as each other.

I don't see why Apple has to be the criminal all of the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth;15189635
Get over it, that's business.

Coming from a 3GS to my SII, I can tell that this thing is an imitation of an iPhone in nearly every single aspect. From physical features to the feel of the OS.

When you see something in the market that is successful, you look at how you can adapt and improve such features into your own product. It's not right, but it's how the world works and Android is far from innocent, they're all as bad as each other.

I don't see why Apple has to be the criminal all of the time.
No no I think you got the wrong idea. I think borrowing ideas is great. I love that companies use other peoples ideas and build off them to make them stronger. I think it creates much better products and companies. However I dont like the way apple has been acting lately with all their lawsuits. Ya it bothers me because they try to slow down competition and innovation
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
and android has probably copied something from iOS as well?

and i guess both of them has copied something from windows phones and the other way around..

i dont really care. as long as their users are happy.. i mean, i dont care what phone YOU have, as long as we can call each other and we're both happy with our phones <3
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth;15189635
Get over it, that's business.

Coming from a 3GS to my SII, I can tell that this thing is an imitation of an iPhone in nearly every single aspect. From physical features to the feel of the OS.
notsureifserious.jpg
 

·
PC Gaming Master Race
Joined
·
10,087 Posts
I mostly find it hilarious not out of copying Android's notification bar, but out of remembering that Steve Jobs once critiqued and bashed the concept of the notification bar, saying that it is not necessary and just adds clutter.
rolleyes.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrharvey;15189674
No no I think you got the wrong idea. I think borrowing ideas is great. I love that companies use other peoples ideas and build off them to make them stronger. I think it creates much better products and companies. However I dont like the way apple has been acting lately with all their lawsuits. Ya it bothers me because they try to slow down competition and innovation
I'm a proud owner of an SII and even I understand why Apple sued Samsung.

It's an imitation in almost every way. Yet OCN seems to have a big problem with Apple suing Samsung.

This thread is just an example of the hypocrisy. No doubt we will get a ton of people coming in here and Google should sue Apple and they would support it. Yet when people rip Apple off, OCN gets all butt hurt when they defend their product.

I understand that this is a direct imitation and I wouldn't blame Google for issuing a lawsuit in this instance, but OCN can't have it both ways. You either don't care about intellectual property theft or you do care. You can't change stances dependant on the company unless you want to admit the idiocy and hypocrisy behind it.

This rant is not directed at you, it's more of a rant about the idiocy surround phone technology and the general population on OCN that I have seen respond to these types of threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot;15189712
notsureifserious.jpg
I spent 1 1/2 years on a 3GS and upgraded to an SII 6 months ago. I'm absolutely serious.

Most people who question me haven't even tried both platforms to present an informed opinion.
 

·
Melted Cheese
Joined
·
4,198 Posts
And Apple is suing Samsung for slide to unlock?!?!!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME APPLE???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lareson;15189579
Actually, that's from someone who designed it for a jailbroke app and when Apple saw that, they hired him and that's what the notifications became.

Can't think of what the jailbroke app was called or the name of the guy off the top of my head....
This is correct, apple hired the guy then a few days later at WWDC boom was announced.
 
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Top