Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im about to buy a GTX 260 and ill want to fold on it but i dont wanna give up my 8600 GT just yet! it gives almost 1500 ppd so keeping it running would be nice! do i just need a dummy plug for the 8600? if so what is this dummy plug u speak of lol?

Thanks

· Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by G|F.E.A.D|Killa View Post
you have to use the dummy plug to make the card think its attached to another monitor.
dummy plug needed or no? im confused

· Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_milk_man View Post
I Strongly recommend that you still keep it in bc you can still use both for folding and also the 8600 can become a physx card.
yes i want to do that but do i need a dummy plug?

· Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibsonnova74
View Post

You can mix cards to a certain degree. You can mix 8000 series cards with 9000 series cards. But, I don't know anyone who has been able to get a 200 series card to work with a 8000 or 9000 series card. There is a driver issue when you try to do this.

OP: If you do go with the 260, I seriously doubt that you will be able to fold on the 8600GT as well.

That makes me sad lol. its a good little card but i guess ill have to let it go. time for the ebay.

· Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so im about to buy a GTX 260 so when i want to add a second do i just match SP? a 216 version no matter what maker? and it will fold the same?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.