Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,992 Posts
I don't know what other brands are doing with their boards, but the entire line of ASUS's P8P67 series is compatible with Ivy Bridge now after a recent BIOS update a few days ago.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishgayatri;15277360
Did the H67 boards also get that update?

Do you have the link for the BIOS update?
The BIOS versions can be had via FTP through ASUS, but they're also linked on the main page at www.station-drivers.com.

It looks like they only have two of the H67 boards listed:

The P8H67-M2 and the P8H67-M EVO.

I don't know whether or not this update makes these boards compatible with Ivy Bridge.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,992 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishgayatri;15277518
Thanks for the link.

I got an update for my ASUS Board P8H67-V

description shows that

P8H67-V 0804 BIOS
Support new CPUs

Dated 30/9/2011
Yeah, this "Support new CPUs" seems to mean Ivy Bridge. It kinda reminds of when we had socket 775 and we went from 65nm to 45nm and many boards needed a BIOS update to become compatible. They just needed the new micro code.

• Rep+
Reactions: harishgayatri

·
Banned
1,878 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
As two cables said, most of the p67 and z68 platform from Asus supports IVY.

Asrock's website doesn't have the CPU on the list, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the new Asrock boards will support IVY with a bios update.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would recommend the MSI P67A-G45, it's an excellent value board with a lot of features. As long as you aren't planning on going to 4,8Ghz or higher, going SLi or need more SATA 6 ports, I would recommend this board any day.

I don't know if it's Ivy Bridge compatible though.

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables;15277442
The BIOS versions can be had via FTP through ASUS, but they're also linked on the main page at www.station-drivers.com.

It looks like they only have two of the H67 boards listed:

The P8H67-M2 and the P8H67-M EVO.

I don't know whether or not this update makes these boards compatible with Ivy Bridge.
Thanks for this.

Sent from my Inspire 4g using Tapatalk

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwiley;15277728
Thanks for this.

Sent from my Inspire 4g using Tapatalk
You're welcome!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I see that the new 1904 bios for my board says the same thing for new CPU's. I have never updated my bios since I built the computer in April. It is running the 1305 bios still. I have read too many stories about failed updates crashing the boards. I guess if it happens I will just get a better board, but I would like to avoid spending more money. Should I even update the bios? I have recently had BSODs related to GPU driver issues and I get that freezing in BC2 I guess due to the realtek audio conflict.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nobody addressed the title of this thread. Why does Bulldozer suck enough to make someone waiting for it jump to the beautiful 2500K chip?

I'm not disagreeing. I'm asking to collect input so this thread can be more than just a "Sux, gettin' Intel." (which, arguably, should be your first sentence when you build a PC, but I digress.
smile.gif
)

This way, people that come here will be like: Oh, I see, now I can make up my mind for myself! And, of course, that means they will purchase Intel.
devil-smiley-019.gif

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,992 Posts
tehehehehe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts