Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I going to have to do a fresh install of windows when I get the other card? I heard you only have to do this when switching from Nvidia to Ati or vise versa. Since I am going from a 7800gt to a 7900Gt I shouldn't have to do this right?

·
Registered
821 Posts
YOu don't have to refresh windows when upping you video card.
Also i don't even think you have to update windows when you switch from ati too nvidia.YOu should just have too unistall all your old drivers but idk.

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
No, simply use driver cleaner pro.

Go into safe mode, remove all nvidia display drivers from add and remove programs, if it prompts for a restart say 'no'. Run driver cleaner pro (should clear files). Turn your pc off. Install your new card and new drivers.

Hope this helps

Fury

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fury

have fun with a 7900

Yeah lucky
jking

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DEMON32

Yeah lucky
jking

Just to make you feel worse. I am getting it for absolutley nothing. Well except for shipping. Its FREE!!! Just playing around. Not about getting it for free...... you know what I mean.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92

Just to make you feel worse. I am getting it for absolutley nothing. Well except for shipping. Its FREE!!! Just playing around. Not about getting it for free...... you know what I mean.

How the heck did ypu get a 7900gt for FREE?

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am stepping up from a 7800GT, With eVGA you can upgrade within 90 days of purchase. And since I paid $379 for my card and the 7900GT is $349. I pay nothing.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluecow003

Because he is using EVGA's step up program. He had a 7800GT and the price difference is zero to step up to a 7900GT.

Yea what he said.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92

I am stepping up from a 7800GT, With eVGA you can upgrade within 90 days of purchase. And since I paid $379 for my card and the 7900GT is $349. I pay nothing.

Pay attention, all nVidia buyers. Always buy from eVGA.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Well then he's not really getting it for free as he has to send his 7800gt back.
man if you didn't have to send it back woohoo ebay.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Your system is going to be screaming when you pop that sucker in... Start saving up for SLI.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts