Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It dawned on me a few weeks ago that when I look back and remember some of the crazy things we used to do around here trolling each other in the folding lounge and our contests and prizes, awarded or not. We're all in the middle of this pandemic, but the folding boards are like dust in the wind man. Hardly any activity despite the pandemic, still.?

BTW, there's IRC still if ya remember where it was. #No!

Last month, my 18 yr. old Son upgraded his GPU I put into his first rig a few years ago. It reminded me that I need to get back in here. It was a GTX 960 I purchased, for once, from Hertz9753 (I think he gave me like 3 GTX 460's that I passed onto others). Unfortunately, he passed a few years ago. He was a very kind and giving man in our community. I requested the GPU back from my Son, and I will fold it under his name in his memory as long as I can.

This community once pulled together and bailed my Wife and I out of a hard time. I'm finally in a position to give back. I've been in the mortgage business for 21 years now, and right now, I'm a Mortgage Underwriter that's worked from home for 4 years. I have a lot of cars. I repair, mod, and tinker with. 18 Mustang GT, 06 Audi S4, 17 Mitsubishi Outlander GT; the Family Truckster! Just gave my Red Versa to my 18 yr. old on his birthday. So, that's pretty much the jist of what I've been up too. I just upgraded my 1700x to a 5800x. That's been a lot of fun to do. I've got quite the Office Cave now.

I still am running 2x 1070's in SLI. How's this looking? 2037 / 4151 is what the OC is right now, but I can go higher. It's all in a custom loop. I'm still waiting to snag a 3090 or 2 at MSRP, or close to it anyway.

I was talking to Enterprise about what's been going on lately in the community. It sounds like this place has spun away into corporate world passing hands a few times. I'm probably going to shift my efforts to him here soon TBH.

Anyway, I'm going to share a few pictures of what I've been working on, and some of the things I've done with my time since retiring from here.

Computer 1:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
MSI Meg x570 Ace
4x Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8gb CMW32GX4M4K4000C19
2x MSI SeaHawk EK 1070's.
3x WD Black SN750 NVMe Hardware RAID-0
Seasonic Focus GX-750
2x EK-CoolStream PE 360 RAD's
EK X3 250 RGB Res
Swiftech MCP 655-b pump
Thermaltake View-71 RGB Case
Thermaltake RGB Fans, but I'm actually switching those all over to try out some Rosewill RGB Fans I can sync more easily.
Soundblaster X7
Klipsch Audio
Asus ZenWifi AX6600

Computer 2:

Waiting on the GPU(s) to be upgraded, but it's a 1700x, Asus Prime x370 Pro, 8GB EVGA DDR4 3200, Some SSD's in RAID 0, A spinning storage drive or just network to the 8TB, Antec Landboy Air, 1x DD 360 XSPC Rad, XSPC block, anothe Swiftec pump, Cube XSPC Res or DangerDen not sure, Asus 2.5G, Asus AX3000 Wifi,

Computer 3:

Hertz stuff in here. Bulldozer 8 Core, DDR 3, etc. on Air.

Then, I've always done all of my own auto repairs, so I do like cars!

2018 Ford Mustang GT

e85, Palm Beach Dyno Tuned, Roush CAI, Roush H-Pipe/Cat-Back, 275/305 staggered Nitto nt555 G2's on 20" SVE GT350 wheels, GT500 bumper, drake spoiler, and a whole lot of car audio that's distortion tested with my smd dd-1 and calibrated. Sound deadened the interior. All DIY.

2006 Audi S4 Jackyl Motorsports Tuned

No one cares about the rest, but yes, that's an 89 Firebird Formula in the garage I work on restoring for my Father-in-Law. Did a lot of cool things to it these past few years to restore it back to it's prime.

Did manage to snag a few cool neons, 1 for me and 1 for him.

So, really, tell me what you've been up too! Those who remember me at least! Oh and the Browns beat the Steelers in the Playoffs!!!!

• Rep+
Reactions: speed_demon

·
I heard you were dead...
8,501 Posts
Welcome back BWG!

I've recently started folding again too, although my electricity bill has made me realize that maybe I shouldn't be going 24/7 so I'm probably going to have to stick to just the Fold-a-Thons or part-time for now. I'm on a single 3080 for the time being.

I also bought a muscle car, a 2004 GTO in Barbados Blue which is still stock (for now) other than a resonator delete/h-pipe on the stock exhaust, and an over-the-radiator intake.

• Rep+
Reactions: BWG

·
Premium Member
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back BWG!

I've recently started folding again too, although my electricity bill has made me realize that maybe I shouldn't be going 24/7 so I'm probably going to have to stick to just the Fold-a-Thons or part-time for now. I'm on a single 3080 for the time being.

I also bought a muscle car, a 2004 GTO in Barbados Blue which is still stock (for now) other than a resonator delete/h-pipe on the stock exhaust, and an over-the-radiator intake.
Oh man, you gotta show me that!

·
I heard you were dead...
8,501 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures I took when I first bought the car last year:

·
Premium Member
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are neat. Now you will develop an itch to mod you think?

Oh and Go Browns!

·
I heard you were dead...
8,501 Posts
Well, I already had that itch. The thing is, I think I don't actually like big chonky overpowered cars as much as I thought I would. I honestly just miss my MR2. I'm not sure whether I should sell this and get another MR2 or tune this thing up to the 600 horsepower range.

·
Premium Member
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I already had that itch. The thing is, I think I don't actually like big chonky overpowered cars as much as I thought I would. I honestly just miss my MR2. I'm not sure whether I should sell this and get another MR2 or tune this thing up to the 600 horsepower range.
My Audi is more fun to drive than my Mustang. It's still 380 HP Quattro.

·
LTSC for life crew
3,537 Posts
Very slick mustang. Done just the same way I would build one. Props man!

I miss my 350hp Nissan 240sx much more than my ~700hp LS1 swapped S10. The slower cars are much more fun to drive fast than driving a faster car slow. Just what I've noticed over time.

Also, if you did go MR2 would it be a 3SGTE or a V6 swap? Or maybe one of the newer ZZ powered models. Just curious is all.

·
Premium Member
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran 12.1 in the 1/4 mile stock. With the mods, I should run low to mid 11's. Unfortunately, I'm selling it and the house. Going to build a new one, and then I'll buy another car. Kinda interested in the Pananera Turbo or RS5, but if I decide to stay in the Mustang family, it will have a blower this time around.

The S4 ran 13.7.

·
Premium Member
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got your replica wheels! Probably selling mine, and then getting another after the house is done.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Welcome back! Good to see you are doing well. Nice Mustang ;) Bit of a Mustang fan myself.

snip
too bad it isnt a R... lmao

·
Water-cooler
1,723 Posts
too bad it isnt a R... lmao
oof! lol. Yeah didn't feel like paying a markup when I was shopping for one so I didn't end up with an R. I did get a pretty good deal on this one though. It was a brand new 2018 left over in 2019.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
oof! lol. Yeah didn't feel like paying a markup when I was shopping for one so I didn't end up with an R. I did get a pretty good deal on this one though. It was a brand new 2018 left over in 2019.
the R is a nice car, but, you gotta have a circuit fried to pay six figures for a pony car

·
I heard you were dead...
8,501 Posts
If I was gonna get a fast Audi, I'd want something with the 5 cylinder. I love the RS3 Avant and I've heard it's coming to the US soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts