Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why hello there,

Back story:
I used to have a custom loop setup about a year ago, it was a Triple and single radiator cooling only the CPU with plans for cooling my cards in the future, but then my reservoir cracked (Did a dumb a tightened it too much) which I soon replaced and after that my pump died! so I took it all out sold my CPU block and that was that. BUT NOW I CRAVE THAT WATER COOLING ONCE MORE.

Parts I have:
Single radiator
Triple radiator
Reservoir
4 13/10mm (10x1.5mm) Compression fittings (On the two radiators)
2 3/10mm (10x1.5mm) Compression Fitting 45° (On the reservoir)
Coolant

Parts I need:
CPU block. Intel socket LGA1155
Pump

Questions I have:
Should I use both the single radiator and the triple again or should I just use the triple radiator? what do you guys think?
Am I using the fitting G1/4?

What I must stress:
I'm truly a pauper and do not have much money so this needs to be on the cheap side, I'm not looking for crazy cool temps just temps similar to my ARCTIC Freezer 13. This is mainly so I don't need t use a CPU fan.

Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you dont have a budget to spare fpr your custom loop I wouldnt go for a custom loop. That being said, ek's supremacy evo waterblocks are one of the best performing cpu blocks out there and it comes with 1155 mounting hardware. For pumps id recommend a d5 pump.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDad62 View Post

In all seriousness cheap and watercooling don't go together.

Do you have a local forum with a for sale section you can access?
Not that I'm aware of, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicirenai View Post

If you dont have a budget to spare fpr your custom loop I wouldnt go for a custom loop. That being said, ek's supremacy evo waterblocks are one of the best performing cpu blocks out there and it comes with 1155 mounting hardware. For pumps id recommend a d5 pump.
I know what you are saying it's just I already have the radiators and a reservoir, thank you for the suggestions.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can get a decent pump and waterblock for less than $100 USD if you look around, though I'm not sure what prices are like over the pond. I'd reuse your old fittings and any other small hardware if possible.

If you're willing to take a little risk, you can often find good deals on eBay if you look around enough. I picked up a second EK DCP 2.2 for about $12 shipped recently, and I also picked up a new boxed Apogee Drive II for about $35. But as with buying anything second hand, be very cautious and double-check everything you purchase.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsun View Post

You can get a decent pump and waterblock for less than $100 USD if you look around, though I'm not sure what prices are like over the pond. I'd reuse your old fittings and any other small hardware if possible.

If you're willing to take a little risk, you can often find good deals on eBay if you look around enough. I picked up a second EK DCP 2.2 for about $12 shipped recently, and I also picked up a new boxed Apogee Drive II for about $35. But as with buying anything second hand, be very cautious and double-check everything you purchase.

Best of luck.
Thank you very much, I think I'll try just that.
Quote:
Does this Forum even have a selling section? I'm having trouble finding one. Plus it doesn't seem very active :/ But thanks for your help! I think I'm just going to scout out the Ebay and try my luck
smile.gif

Thanks everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts