Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting super excited! I have finally decided to build my own custom water cooled machine. This has been something I've been wanting to do for a very long time and I have finally ordered a large portion of the parts. I'll include the list below. All is ordered minus RAM CPU and Video Card.

Computer Hardware
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply: Corsair HX850i 80+ Platinum
Motherboard: Asus X99-A II (Preordered)
CPU: Intel 6800k or 6850k (Will order upon release, depending on availability and prices)
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (2x16GB) 3200 MHZ (will order soon)
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 1080 (Looking to order an EVGA or Asus model, will order water block when I order it)
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (from current build)
HDD: Wester Digital 5 TB (from current Build)

Water Cooling, Bits and Pieces
EK Supremacy EVO X99 Nickel
EK CoolStream PE 240mm
EK CoolStream PE 360mm
EK XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM
5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM (decided on higher speed and can lower it later through curves)
2x Swiftech 8 way PWM splitter
20x PrimoChill Rigid Revolver Compression Fitting 3/8" x 1/2" Straight Knurled Nickel Plate Brass in Silver
PrimoChill 1/2 Rigid PETG Tubing clear 12 x 36"
Bitspower Silver "T" Fitting
Bitspower Silver Dual G1/4 Adjustable Aqua Link Pipe
Bitspower Mini-Valve Silver with Silver Handle
EK High Flow Barb Fitting 10mm Nickel
Tygon E-1000 3/8" ID (1/2" OD) Tubing (drain tube)
Mayhems X1 Clear Concentrate 250ml

I plan on doing a Res/PUMP >>> GPU >>> CPU >>> 360Rad >>> 240Rad >>> T with drain on bottom >>> back to Res/Pump loop. The GPU will be added in later if I can't get one when the CPU is ordered.

There of course are a few of the more expensive parts, such as the video card, to wait on and order when they are available. However, I will get started with the case and radiators by getting a general layout. I ordered plenty of tube since I will eventually be including the GPU in the loop, but I will be waiting until the right one comes out. While I wait for one, I'll be using my current Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming in it's place. I also need to find the tools to get the tubing bent.

Let me know if anyone see's anything I have missed. This is a dream I have had for a while and I now have the means to build it!
biggrin.gif

Edit: Ordered 2 Swiftech 8 way PWM splitters and added them to the list.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great job on the parts. I did my first liquid cooling system back in 2014 and liquid cooled 2 980s and a 4790k and it was a fun experience. Word of advice, make sure you review tutorials on diy liquid cooling systems even if you have already. Once you start the build, patience and time will be your best friend. Rushing your build isn't allowed when you're doing liquid cooling

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarcycle24 View Post

Great job on the parts. I did my first liquid cooling system back in 2014 and liquid cooled 2 980s and a 4790k and it was a fun experience. Word of advice, make sure you review tutorials on diy liquid cooling systems even if you have already. Once you start the build, patience and time will be your best friend. Rushing your build isn't allowed when you're doing liquid cooling
I've definitely been researching for a long time, I've been watching people do builds on Youtube forever. I definitely understand that rushing is not an option. With this build I've finally begun to understand patience, not only in having to wait until I could afford to build it, but also in having to wait for parts, which will give me time to plan and learn and review before I actually get it all put together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts