Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my rig plays new games well and plays them as smooth as i would like as it no doubt pushes 30 fps+. But in a few certain games (namely titan quest, FEAR, Dark Messiah) It really chokes when loading a new area, and in Titan quest it streams new area's and so it chops and just pretty much never runs at a steady framerate, all while this is happening my HD light is flickering horribly. I know 2 Gigs of ram might heal this, but i wanna wait till i get a DDR2 mobo to upgrade my ram. Plus my hard drive is a 3mb cache 100 GB that came with an emachines computer. So if i get a 250GB 16MB Cache 7200 RPM Seagate from walmart tonight, will it rid me of this stutter? Once the new areas are loaded on these games they run perfect i just really cant stand lag/choke, period.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Could be the old mobo, the old ram, and slow cpu bottlenecking the 7900GT. IMO that gpu is "too good" for that setup..no offence. lol<br />
Let me put it this way, your computer is only as fast as its slowest component. In your case probably your ram.

·
Registered
817 Posts
A faster HDD will help with load times. So the new 250will improve things if your HDD is indead the problem. I would also recomend installing your games and windows on different HDD's. <br />
<br />
PS. what happens if well your HDD is fraping out you pause the game? I the HDD light turns off instantly then your HDD is not the problem your ram is (need 2GB). If the HDD light keeps fraping and then stops after a min or so then you HDD is the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts