Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there guys,
Thank you for taking your time to read this...

I am having trouble with my Video Card.

It is 4 days old (started using it wednesday)

I was playing the game DEKARON, when the screen flickered, and it said NVIDIA DRIVER FAILED AND HAS BEEN RECOVERED...

I have the Latest OFFICIAL driver.

How do I change it's fan speed?
How do I check it's temperature? (not in nvidia control panel)
Has this error anything to do with my CPU / NorthBridge / HT LINK / RAM Overclock?

... I hope I don't have to RMA this already, If so, I will go ATI.

Thank you guys so in advance for your help.

By the way, I read a few threads, and didn't find anything helpful. I just Added a FAN blowing into gtx480's fan for better flow (Probly won't make a difference)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Download MSI Afterburner. You can set core/shader/mem speeds. Also fan speed.

Click on settings, then "monitor" tab. Under "Active hardware monitoring graphs" you can click on framerate, gpu temp, pcb temp, etc etc. Click on one of them, then check the box "show in On-Screen Display." Do this for each one you want to show up on screen while gaming.

It also comes with a test/benchmark program call Kombuster (it's like FurMark). Run it to test stability.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys...
but, ... IS that normal? that error code I got? ... Im very worryed about it...

Just to prevent that from happening, I turned FORCE VSYNC ON.

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
Maybe try reinstalling the drivers after running CCleaner and Driver Sweeper in safe mode. Fixed some issues I was having.

·
Senior Overclocker
4,998 Posts
Don't worry...
Its nothing to worry about ... I'm sometimes getting this driver fail error while loading a game ... yea its stupid but it is what it is. I got used to it.
It happens the most when Alt tabbing a lot from LFS or loading in RBR.
It doesn't necessarily mean that your card is faulty. I get this when I'm running rock stable OC soo ....

·
Chainsaw noise far off
6,010 Posts
The first thing you should have done when you got the 480 was monitor temps with afterburner or some other program.What happened to you happens to all of us at one time or another.

It could be your overclock.it could be the game it could be your hardware,don't worry about it unless it happens a lot.If it does come here for help,it will get sorted out.Don't even consider rma.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys...
The FPS was too high.. I turned Force Vsync and... it hasnt got that hot again...
Also, the FAN only stays at 44 / 48 ... I will manually get it to be at 80 and done deal

Thanks to MSi Afterburner, and thanks to you guys who referred that awesome software L

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by theyedi
View Post

yeah, the same thing happened to me on that game specifically when I tried to alt tab. It's probably a game issue

I don't know man... Since 2006, I never had this problem...
Then, this problem happened 4 times with my Gforce 7950GX2 ...

4 days later BOOM... no more video card ><'' ...

so.. thats why I thought my gtx480 was asking for pitty. lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
-=PROBLEM SOLVED=-

After I lowered the HT LINK back to 2000Mhz from 2400Mhz, It stopped that DRIVER FAIL ERROR.

I hope this helps.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thiagocosta85
View Post

-=PROBLEM SOLVED=-

After I lowered the HT LINK back to 2000Mhz from 2400Mhz, It stopped that DRIVER FAIL ERROR.

I hope this helps.

I was going to say... first thing to test would be reverting all components to stock speed and seeing if the problem still occurred.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EDIT -- PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED...

The problem keeps happening.. ONLY with the game DEKARON...
I reset all my bios settings to Stock...

Ram, Cpu, Voltz, EVERYTHING...

This problem keeps happening... It does not happen with ANY ati cards. Why is that?... RMA?

Lol I deeply regret in getting this ASUS board,... I should of went EVGA.
Now I think I will return this item, be stuck with no video card for 15 days... i guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts