Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does what it says in the title.

https://gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx40&os=Windows&api=gl&D=AMD+67EF%3AC3&testgroup=overall

Some points of interest in the Info tab:

Quote:
  • GL_MAX_COMBINED_SHADER_OUTPUT_RESOURCES - 40
  • GL_MAX_COMPUTE_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS - 32
  • GL_MAX_COMPUTE_UNIFORM_BLOCKS - 15
  • GL_MAX_VERTEX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS - 32
  • GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_BLOCKS - 15
  • GL_MAX_VIEWPORTS - 16
  • GL_RENDERER - 67EF:C3
32 TMUs means it's similar in design to the Radeon R7 250E/HD 7750. I'm not sure how to read the rest of the output from GFXBench's info, but here's the R7 250E's listing. Comparing just the scores in Car Chase off-screen, the 67EF:C3 is about a 1.9x improvement.

There are others as well:

67E8:00

67FF:08

67FF:C8

The 67FF:C8 is the closest in performance to the R7 250E, but is still 25% faster. It also has the codename "Goose", so I'm not sure what that's all about.

Edit: Max viewpoints appear to be what OpenGL calls ROPs, so it's definitely R7 250E-like territory.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

is this that rumored 2.5 TFlops P11 card or something else ?
I'm honestly not sure. GFXBench doesn't seem to output any details like that, so we can't know for sure.

Also, looking into the info tables more:

Quote:
GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS - 192
That's a triple Compute Core architecture (64 x3 shaders). It would be branded as Radeon R5.

·
Premium Member
6,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CataclysmZA View Post

32 TMUs means it's similar in design to the Radeon R7 250E/HD 7750.
I was reading the specs in the quote and saw that and thought surely I must be reading that wrong. Im glad someone else read it the same way I did. That is really low TMUs though. Wow. Must be a tiny little chip design.

I doubt this chip has enough power or was done in time for that Battlefront 1080p demo pulling only 35 watts. Which means most likely a Polaris 11 was doing the 35w in that test (or Polaris 10 is just that efficient in 1080p when vsync capped). So, any guess how low the draw from this little chip will be? :O

·
Top kek
3,578 Posts
Seems like it will still be a 2GB VRAM pieces. If its GDDR5, it will be enough, to have the GPU utilize the grunt power and the memory equally, unlike the previous low ends, where you were running out of grunt before anything else.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post

I doubt this chip has enough power or was done in time for that Battlefront 1080p demo pulling only 35 watts. Which means most likely a Polaris 11 was doing the 35w in that test (or Polaris 10 is just that efficient in 1080p when vsync capped). So, any guess how low the draw from this little chip will be? :O
Probably Polaris 10. 1080p 60 with medium settings is not very hard to do in Battlefront, especially for larger GPUs.

·
AMD Overclocker
6,277 Posts
I saw the title and I was thinking benchmark leader board meant >GTX1080.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post

rolleyes.gif
Well, technically, if you're #999999999 on the leaderboard, you're still on the leaderboard. :p

·
AMD Overclocker
6,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CataclysmZA View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post

rolleyes.gif
Well, technically, if you're #999999999 on the leaderboard, you're still on the leaderboard. :p
Technically I guess.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfail9001 View Post

Btw, Max viewports has nothing to do with Rop count IIRC
Can you tell me what it does mean? Is it the same viewport that NVIDIA talks about when they were showing off SMP?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE! We have a new score from an APU in the mix as well.

AMD A12-9800E

32 texture units again points to R7 250-esque makeup and it's probably got 512 shaders (8 compute cores) as well. Performance compared to an actual R7 250 is quite low though (about half), so this is probably on DDR4, but underclocked to save on power and heat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts