Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Stardock has finally released a 559MB playable demo of the real-time strategy turn role-playing game, Demigod, about three and a half months after it's release.

The Defense of the Ancients-inspired (Warcraft 3 custom map) real-time strategy game can be downloaded directly from FilePlanet (559MB).

If you wish to continue your Demigod smashing and crashing, you may purchase the game as a digital download for $39.99, or a boxed version that is available for $49.99 plus shipping/handling.

Source (Download)

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Where was this before launch? I wouldn't have spent the money on this game had I played the demo beforehand...O I C what they did.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanrenolds08
View Post

Where was this before launch? I wouldn't have spent the money on this game had I played the demo beforehand...O I C what they did.

agreed..

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Time to try the game out again I guess... I hope they fixed the netcode issues.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanrenolds08 View Post

My condolences to you. I'll give the demo a try.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
buying this game and then getting burned made me want to "try before you buy." Thanks for being late to the party guys.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I don't know, Demigod is a fun game. But the network issues when the game was released were horrible, getting disconnected 15minutes into a match always sucked... And once one person left it was game over.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdek View Post
I don't know, Demigod is a fun game. But the network issues when the game was released were horrible, getting disconnected 15minutes into a match always sucked... And once one person left it was game over.
I didn't get any connection issues, and when a player left it just paused for a few seconds and the player was replaced by AI.

I'm currently debating whether or not to buy this game now. I'm also debating trying out DoTA first, since I've never actually played it.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
There's no tutorial in the demo... what BS. It's pretty unfair when you start your first match and the other team steamrolls you in 5 minutes bc you don't know how to do ANYTHING... i am dissapoint

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_milk_man
View Post

There's no tutorial in the demo... what BS. It's pretty unfair when you start your first match and the other team steamrolls you in 5 minutes bc you don't know how to do ANYTHING... i am dissapoint

That's why you play a game against the AI first

Quote:

nathris
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdek View Post
I didn't get any connection issues, and when a player left it just paused for a few seconds and the player was replaced by AI.

I'm currently debating whether or not to buy this game now. I'm also debating trying out DoTA first, since I've never actually played it.

Yeah they apparently fixed it now. And yes it always replaced the players with an AI, but 3 Humans vs 2 Humans + 1 AI is very unfair as the AI is pretty stupid.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Wasn't this the game that was hacked or had a denial of service attack when it launched?

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by losttsol View Post
Wasn't this the game that was hacked or had a denial of service attack when it launched?
No hacks or DoS. The admins for whatever reason decided that they didn't want to use any kind of authentication, so a whole bunch of people pirated the game and their servers couldn't handle it.

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [Yar!] faCe View Post
My friend actually wrote a review to this it's pretty funny.
http://www.gametegun.com/Reviews/demigod.html
I got a good chuckle from his scoring system. He pulled this straight out of his ***.

Category (Weight) Score = Actual
Story (x2) 2 = 4
Gameplay (x2) 6 = 12
Graphics = 8
Sound = 9
Fun (x3) 7 = 21
Replayability = 5
59 / 100
Final Score = 6 / 10

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by losttsol
View Post

Massive pirating of the game led to an unanticipated load on their servers. Or they just weren't prepared, and they blamed it on the pirates. One or the other or both or neither.

·
Banned
936 Posts
It is an okay game. Sucks there are only few maps and 8 demigods, but it will all change, developers are releasing patch 1.2 this month, with 2 extra demigods. However they will also release some editor so you can make your own demigods and maps, which will most likely boost its popularity by a lot. I bet it's gonna be really awesome if community is willing to mod it.
It is, after all... DOTA!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts