Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Over the past few weeks, there has been a rumor about Apple revamping its iPod Touch with a new built-in camera. A well-commented source spoke to Wired that it possibly could happen.

Now, there's rumors about the iPod Touch receiving a built-in microphone. And with that, the iPod Touch will now be named "iPod Wi-Fi VoIP Device". Yes, so it's not exactly an iPhone yet, as it's restricted to VoIP capabilities only whenever a Wi-Fi connection is available, but the new technology could make the iTouch even more nifty. And if rumors are true, the inclusion of both a microphone and a camera could enable the iPod Touch to understand voice commands, capture video, and work with a wider variety of apps.

This move could actually help Apple iPod Touch sales and even create a solid competitor to the iPhone itself. And, according to Wired's source, China has already began manufacturing of the new iPod Touch, which will go on sale in "two to three months".

Source

·
Premium Member
7,146 Posts
They have earbuds with mics....I would rather have it built in though

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Mudkipz View Post
Oh, I didn't know they could do this. I must be miles behind anything that's not computer-related.
ya. this was big when the touch was really cheap around christmas last year

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Just ordered a 2nd gen Touch for the wife's birthday. Why didn't they launch the 3rd gen at the same time as the iPhone 3GS? They basically use the same frickin hardware in the two devices...but noooooo, let's screw with Vulcan's set-in-stone timetable, eh Jobs? Bastard!

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanDragon
View Post

Just ordered a 2nd gen Touch for the wife's birthday. Why didn't they launch the 3rd gen at the same time as the iPhone 3GS? They basically use the same frickin hardware in the two devices...but noooooo, let's screw with Vulcan's set-in-stone timetable, eh Jobs? Bastard!

That's only thing holding me back from buying one myself. I think they're waiting for the Zune HD to come out...then we're gonna see a media blitz for the new Touch.

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike
View Post

That's only thing holding me back from buying one myself. I think they're waiting for the Zune HD to come out...then we're gonna see a media blitz for the new Touch.

Probably true. Time will tell which wins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.