Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quote:

After the release of their hit N250GTS graphics card because of their price-performance ratio, MSI, a global graphics cards and motherboard leader has now released two new cards - the N250GTS Twin Frozr 1G and N250GTS Twin Frozr.

These new cards utilize the Twin Frozr thermal design featuring dual PWM (Pulse-width modulation) fans, which adjusts their speed based on the GPUs' temperatures. The design is meant for quiet, cool operation while running 3D programs or playing games. Additionally, the new cards use three high-efficiency heatpipes, greatly reducing the speed of heat dissipation. With the new Twin Frozr thermal design, MSI states "overheating has become a past."

In addition, MSI states that their new cards use "military-grade components" to provide the utmost lifespan for their N250GTS Twin Frozr. One of the military-grade components include the "high-quality Hi-c CAP for GPU power supply," made of Tantalum, an expensive, rare, but also incredibly stable metal. Tantalum also helps to prevent against electricity leakage.

The new cards also use the latest SSC (Solid State Choke). The SSC effectively eliminates unwanted high frequency noise created by vibration of traditional chokes. MSI states that when "compared to traditional chokes, SSC also improves total power output by over 30%," increasing overclocking stability.

Finally, the new cards also use solid capacitors, which have a longer lifespan than that of electrolytic capacitors. In addition, unlike electrolytic capacitors, solid capacitors have no liquid material inside, which means the capacitor will not suffer a leak, infringing the product's stability.

The N250GTS has 128 stream processors and has 256-bit GDDR3 memory. According to MSI, these new cards "are sure to provide smooth DirectX 10 game play for fantastic enjoyment."

Pricing for the new cards are not yet available.

Source

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Frozr? Why do they name components like they're marketing this stuff for 12-yr olds?

At least it looks like a decent cooler.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon
View Post

Frozr? Why do they name components like they're marketing this stuff for 12-yr olds?

Probably ran out of names I guess.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon
View Post

Maybe because they are. Spoiled kids with rich parents.

Looks like it should cool well though.

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
If I buy a graphics card with a HSF that big, I don't think I'm going for "quiet operation".

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Sorry, I don't need a fancy new cooler to go on another damn G92. My 8800gts 512 works just fine for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts