Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quote:

Mushkin, most well-known as memory manufacturers, said last month that they will delve into the graphics card market. They did pretty well, releasing nVidia GeForce GTX 260's, 275's, 285's, and the coveted dual-GPU GeForce GTX 295. By then, people were wondering if Mushkin would ever release an ATI Radeon card. And they did. Behold: Mushkin's UltimateFX Radeon HD 4850.

The card is cooled by a custom 92mm Arctic Cooling L2 Pro heatsink, passive memory cooling under its airflow, a heatsink over the VRM (voltage regular module) area, all housed on a standard red PCB. The card provides output for DVI, D-Sub, and 7.1 channel audio-routed HDMI connectors.

The card comes in two versions: An AMD reference clock speeds of 625/993 MHz (core/memory), and an OC variant with 700/1100 MHz (core/memory).

Basic Specifications:

* Reference clock speeds: 625/993 MHz (core/memory)
* OC variant clock speeds: 700/1100 MHz (core/memory)
* 512 MB DDR3 memory
* GPU Cooling: Custom 92mm Arctic Cooling L2 Pro heatsink
* Memory Cooling: Passive
* DVI, D-Sub port, 7.1 channel audio-routed HDMI connectors
* Price: To be determined

After this first ATI graphics card is released, you can expect Mushkin to release some more Radeon video cards in the near future.

Source

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm not sure if I'd like Mushkin as a graphics card manufacturer...so many companies are branching out these days...evga making motherboards, mushkin making PSUs and graphics cards, XFX doing ATi cards. strange world.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Looks like a plain old 4850 with the cooler off a sapphire 4670 GDDR4, and what, no vram cooling ?

I don't think that really cuts it as making their own card tbh.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PRO-AMERICA
View Post

I'm not sure if I'd like Mushkin as a graphics card manufacturer...so many companies are branching out these days...evga making motherboards, mushkin making PSUs and graphics cards, XFX doing ATi cards. strange world.

hey, by all means, i would really hope that there are more companies so you have choice, and competition. but, i really dislike anything other than asus heatsink or sapphire toxic's heatsink or the stock for now.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
I bet it will have major issues overclocking like their ram

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
It looks similar to the cooler that my HD4830 has.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PRO-AMERICA View Post
I don't consider going from making graphics cards to making more graphics cards branching out...

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post

he speaks the truth, don't get fooled, my ram died on me after 2 months, and it was at STOCK settings.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playapplepie View Post
It looks similar to the cooler that my HD4830 has.
I used to have two of those. I took them off one time thinking I would just put on some better TIM, I was amazed to find the bottom of it looked like they flattened it with a hand held grinder. Thing had deep enough marks in it to channel water! (maybe a tad exagerated)

So I put out my feelers real quick and found some good aftermarket cooling for them. Hopefully Mushkin at least did the leg work to ensure a smooth contact surface on the bottom of theirs.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post

Never had an issue with the Redline DDR 500 sticks.

nor my DDR2 HP2 sticks @1.95v.

Either way, good to see some more GPU makers come to the table for both sides.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by venom55520
View Post

he speaks the truth, don't get fooled, my ram died on me after 2 months, and it was at STOCK settings.

That's gotta be the first time i've heard someone say something that bad about Mushkin memory.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
It's nice that someone is joining in to make prices better in competition, but this is pants. Didn't they ask someone about making cards or atleast look at someone elses

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pao
View Post

I used to have two of those. I took them off one time thinking I would just put on some better TIM, I was amazed to find the bottom of it looked like they flattened it with a hand held grinder. Thing had deep enough marks in it to channel water! (maybe a tad exagerated)

So I put out my feelers real quick and found some good aftermarket cooling for them. Hopefully Mushkin at least did the leg work to ensure a smooth contact surface on the bottom of theirs.

Really now? Good thing I am already looking into a DuOrb

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd
View Post

Your redlines and HP2's have heatspreaders

These things have nothing but air

He was making a comment about Mushkin RAM, and not the card itself.

Either way, I doubt the VRAM will over heat or have issues. Might not overclock far. But this looks more like a budget/quiet card. As the HD48xx cards have a name for tornado fans.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sintricate View Post
That's gotta be the first time i've heard someone say something that bad about Mushkin memory.
yeah, probably because there is so much hype over it, and i fell for it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts