Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

REHorror reported that Paul W.S. Anderson revealed the next Resident Evil movie will be available in 3D. We're not talking about the 4D CG Executioner movie either.

Anderson also announces that the next movie will start a new trilogy. Considering the Resident Evil movies are already so far off the beaten path that is the plot of the games, no one knows what this means for the series. We'll just have to wait and see.

Source

*begins to wheep and cry loudly*
It hurts. It really really hurts to see your favorite franchise get butchered. Ugh.

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Bah, is it too much to ask for an RE movie starring the King of Cool, the Master of One-Liners, Leon S. Kennedy?

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed
View Post

the first movie was kick ass. the second one, not so much. and the third........... no comment.

the first movie was the problem. XD

·
Registered
230 Posts
First was good, second was absolute garbage, third was a step up from the second.

I hate the ******ed Alice storyline, who the christ is she and why does she have powers?

Plus, they've already ruined half of the characters by having them in these movies and totally different from their game counterpart, I don't see how they could go in any sort of faithful to the game direction. I mean Afred Ashford was some fat old dude in a wheelchair. Where is the Crossdressing queer twin I know and love?

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty100
View Post

First was good, second was absolute garbage, third was a step up from the second.

I hate the ******ed Alice storyline, who the christ is she and why does she have powers?

Plus, they've already ruined half of the characters by having them in these movies and totally different from their game counterpart, I don't see how they could go in any sort of faithful to the game direction. I mean Afred Ashford was some fat old dude in a wheelchair. Where is the Crossdressing queer twin I know and love?

roflmao HAHAHAHAHAHA
That made my day.

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
first movie - awesome. second movie - cool. third movie - cool the first time, cant really watch it again.

but then im not an anal fan like Omega

ill withhold my judgement on the movie until i see it, like we all should.

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28
View Post

QFT... they finally made a good movi with the 3rd IMO( which normally counts for a turd)

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdla4ever View Post
QFT... they finally made a good movi with the 3rd IMO( which normally counts for a turd)
well no - I enjoyed the 1st. (the 3rd was the :turd: IMO) but what I meant was the 1st movie is what screwed everything up. It completely eliminated every chance of any real RE plot or characters from being normal. The infection started from in the hive in the movies, Matt turned into Nemesis, S.T.A.R.S really never played any part in that, ect. ect.

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
^

that is very true. the Resident Evil movies are more of a hybrid of the real story. they took actual elements and made their own story.

i mean, imo it works and they are sick movies. are they true Resident Evil movies? no.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtarmanrob
View Post

^

that is very true. the Resident Evil movies are more of a hybrid of the real story. they took actual elements and made their own story.

i mean, imo it works and they are sick movies. are they true Resident Evil movies? no.

Imo it really doesnt work. At least, with the super power and clone direction. The next movie is going to open up to like 100 alices using telekenisis to fight zombies. Hey if thats your thing, go for it but jesus christ why did they bring it to this?

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
yeah i guess, but then for guys like you its really hard to accept coz Resident Evil is like, your prized possession. so for them to stray so far from the origin, is like a kick in the nuts. which is fair enough.

for me, i love zombie movies. the RE movies have nothing to do with RE in terms of the games story, but its about zombies at the end of the day and i kinda like what they are doing. its no Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later, but im more curious rather than dissapointed with what they are gonna do on the Alice front. the whole telekinesis thing is so out of play, theres gotta be some kind of hidden plot going on here, something they are gonna cook up to explain it further.

if not, well then as i said, i reserve judgement until i see what they do with the 4th. im trying to keep an open mind on it all.

like the AvP series. me and Aliens/Predator is like, you and Resident Evil
its the thing i've been into since...forever. i stole a video of Alien (the original) from my grandparents when i was like 6 and watched it and i've been obsessed since.

FYI Aliens (sequel) came out around the time i was born.

then they released the AvP movie and i was like...ok. well lets take this for what it is, my two favourite sci-fi sagas, thrown into one. **** YEAH! and the movies are cheap, nasty and cheesey. but i love them too much to hate them.

and i think im talking to much **** and compeltely lost my train of thought. Wild Turkey will do that. back to my bottle and Fallout 3.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I agree, Are we refering to the first RE movie that was not like a 3d? because the first movie BLEW. I talked my dad into taking me to see it and what a let down. no names nothing. It was crap!

·
Registered
841 Posts
oh god another one?

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by That_guy3
View Post

I agree, Are we refering to the first RE movie that was not like a 3d? because the first movie BLEW. I talked my dad into taking me to see it and what a let down. no names nothing. It was crap!

Same thing happened with me but I came out kinda liking it. At the time, I didn't exactly know what to..... expect.

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
I really didn't care for any of the RE movies. And it sounds like the trend will continue. The RE I know and love is practically dead, and my only hope for it's revival are remakes of RE2 and RE3 akin to the GC remake of RE1.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Same thing happened with me but I came out kinda liking it. At the time, I didn't exactly know what to..... expect.

Same here, I didnt mind it but they could have made it much better

1 - 20 of 39 Posts