Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Earlier today, we revealed to you a new Intel Core i5-950, two new Intel Core i7's, and a whole list of 32nm Intel Core i3's and i5's. However, Intel likes to surprise us. Now, they have revealed seven 32nm Core i5, i7 mobile processors, debuting in Q1 2010...and a couple other surprises.

These processors will be appearing early next year with the Core i5's and Core i3's. They are called "Arrandale" and are targeted for "laptops in both the low-voltage, thin'n'light and more standard notebook designs". Additionally, they will have the Core i5 and Core i7 branding.

ULV (ultra low voltage) Core i7's will run at 1.06 GHz and 1.20 GHz, and auto-overclock to 2.13 GHz and 2.26 GHz, if thermal conditions are right. Intel sets the envelope at 18W - 10 W of standard speed. Additionally, these chips will have 4MB of L3 cache and support 800 MHz DDR3 memory. In addition, Hyperthreading will double their logical core to four.

There will also be two LV (low voltage) Core i7's with a standard TPD of 17W, and 25W when auto-overclocked. The DDR3 speeds will also be upped to 1066 MHz. The two will run at 2 GHz and 2.13 GHz, and, if needed, will auto-overclock up to 2.80 GHz and 2.93 GHz. Hyperthreading will also double their logical core to four.

There will also be a standard Core i7 mobile processor, with speeds of 2.66 GHz and an incredible maximum auto-overclock speed of 3.33 GHz, extending the TDP from its standard 25W to 35W. It will have 4MB of L3 cache, and like its brothers, will also have Hyperthreading, doubling its logical core to four. Memory runs up to 1066 MHz.

In addition to the Core i7's, there will be two Core i5's that will have the same TDP range and memory clock frequency as the 2.66 GHz i7. However, they'll have lower standard and overclocked core speeds - 2.4 GHz and 2.53 Ghz; capable of auto-overclocking to 2.93 GHz and 3.06 Ghz. Additionally, the i5's will only have 3MB of L3 cache.

There is also at least one Arrandale-based dual-core mobile Celeron processor, but that won't be appearing until Q2 2010.

Not all of these Arrandales will feature an integrated graphics core. However, we don't know which ones listed will have it. Of course, they will all have a PCI-Express connector able to connect directly to an external GPU.

And for you other computer enthusiasts, there will also be true quad-core Intel mobile processors. They are the i7-720QM, the i7-820QM and the i7-920XM, running at standard/overclock speeds of 1.6/2.8GHz, 1.73/3.06GHz and 2.0/3.2GHz, respectively. All will have 8MB of L3 cache and like the Core i7 920, 940, and 965, they will have Hyperthreading, doubling its logical core to EIGHT. Eight threads on a laptop...that's something to wrap your mind around for a bit. Expect them very soon, in Q4 2009.

And for those of you incredibly hungry, laptop enthusiasts waiting for the 32nm version of the three 45nm quad-core Intel mobile processors, don't wait. They probably won't appear until Q4 2010.

Well, that's the third news post we did today on Intel's new processors. We're not expecting to get anymore, but if we do, we'll keep you guys posted.
Jesus, how many updates will Intel give us...

Source
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rambow70 View Post
yuck more cpus! god wait for awhile until software can catch up to the hardware!
Lol, did you see the two earlier news post about the desktop ones? These are just the mobile ones
.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
Quote:


Intel Calpella platform will be based on the code-named Clarksfield microprocessors with four cores that will be sold under Core i7 trademark as well as code-named Ibex Peak-M core-logic that will be branded as Intel PM55.
Like desktop counterparts code-named Lynnfield, Intel Core i7 mobile processors will have integrated dual-channel DDR3 memory controller and will utilize QuickPath Interconnect bus. Initially, there will be three Intel Core i7 mobile chips: Core i7-720QM (with or without vPro technology), Core i7-820QM (with or without vPro technology) and Core i7-920XM that will operate at 1.60GHz, 1.73GHz and 2.0GHz, respectively. Thanks to Nehalem micro-architecture, the new chips will support HyperThreading technology and will be able to process eight threads at once. The mobile Core i7 processors will sport 256KB of L2 cache per core as well as 8MB (800- and 900-series) or 6MB (700-series) of unified L3 cache. The chips will use 989-pin mPGA packaging.

Didn't see that anyone had posted this, so here we go


source
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Domino
View Post

I thought they already had quad core in lappys?

Not the i7 line, but yaaaaaa.

EWWWWW, 1.6 ghz quad? :' (

not as far as I know!

1.6ghz is little, but you have to think about the heat! A laptop can not handle a 3.2ghz i7
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,201 Posts
sick i7 quad laptops. I wonder if apple will steal this for the iMacs and macbooks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
Folks, these chips are 1.6,1.7,2.0ghz but with turbo mode they hit over 3ghz, the low base speeds are because they are mobile chips, when plugged into a socket or set by the user they will turbo to incredibly fast speeds.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Megas3300
View Post

I think it's called sager.
They put I7s in lappys, the real ones too.
Edit: Www.sagernotebook.com

thats not a mobile cpu though, and the heat...
I bet you can grill some food on top of that after a 1hour gaming round
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,327 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdek View Post
Folks, these chips are 1.6,1.7,2.0ghz but with turbo mode they hit over 3ghz, the low base speeds are because they are mobile chips, when plugged into a socket or set by the user they will turbo to incredibly fast speeds.
Are you serious?

Okay, I refrain myself from the EEEEWWs, this is pure sex if it is true. :0

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChielScape View Post
yes, its as you say.

and it still beats your dual.
Hehe, true, but that is far from the point. These are probably going to be just as expensive as the other quad core laptops, and for what most people use them for, heck, I'd rather have a core2 2.53ghz lappy then a 1.6 i7.

But progress is progress. I can see these things in mobile work horses, and it's going to be HAAWT. : D
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top