Did it not get canceled?

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lass3 View Post

Did it not get canceled?
It did.

Edit: So this is all pointless come to think.

Edit 2: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-07-fable-developer-lionhead-studios-to-shut-down
Quote:
Fable Legends ends at 3pm on Wednesday, 13th April 2016, Lionhead has said.

Those who have access to the closed beta can continue playing the game until this time. No new players will be admitted.

All those who have bought gold will get a full refund. They will be notified by email within the next seven days, Microsoft said.

·
pass the lortabs
5,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robenger View Post

Nvidia finally got them to turn off Async Compute?
That was the first thing they did when the game was cancelled.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I for one favor our new GPU god Qualcomm one day they shall smite the heaten followers of Nvidia and Radeon and bring forth a new light to guide us away from the pagan gods that are called Nvidia and Radeon

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glottis View Post

Gameworks was always added at the end of development cycle as a "bonus" and it's ALWAYS optional.

It's a bit different when dev comes out and says "our game we are starting to develop will be optimized for AMD from the ground up, so screw you, gamers who happen to own Nvidia GPUs"
I ran my GTX GPUs for many years and never had a problem with a AMD Evolved title. I can't say the same about Gameworks even while running my Nvidia graphics cards.

Quote:

It's a bit different when dev comes out and says "our game we are starting to develop will be optimized for AMD from the ground up, so screw you, gamers who happen to own Nvidia GPUs"
AMD put in the work many years ago with their GCN tech and even suffered a bit for it. Even though AMD GPU has always been competitive and held a longer than normal lifespan, don't be mad at AMD for thinking about the FUTURE of PC gaming instead of the same old serial setup.

Quote:

Many people are still in denial about this but you'll understand what I mean at the end of this year. First sings are already here: Hitman "optimized for AMD" title has atrocious performance on Nvidia, especially in DX12, and also weirdly enough AMD has a huge lead in DX11 as well, which doesn't have Async feature at all.

Another curious case is Ashes game, where Async is overused for the sake of it to make Nvidia GPUs look bad. Why didn't devs overuse DX12 features that are strengths of Nvidia if they want all gamers to have best experience?
DX12 is still in it's infant stage. Tomb Raider and Hitman was not developed solely with DX12 in mind. It was later added. Nvidia GPUs perform well, but Hitman is a different kind of beast. There's a lot going in that game at any given time. You want to stick to one game, but AMD had huge leads in Far Cry: Primal and in The Division. Depending on the GPUs AMD is giving Nvidia a run for their money. The Crimson drives have been addressing AMD DX11 overhead issues and after playing Rise of the Tomb Raider with Very High Settings @ 4K, AMD is doing a great job with their drivers.

Ashes of the Singularity makes good use of the tech. Like Hitman, there's a ton of things going on at any given time in the game. Nvidia enabled a feature through the drivers that wasn't there and asked the devs to disable specific features. Nvidia needs another game plan, because AMD has been preparing for low-level parallel operations for sometime now.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
Thread cleaned of OT

1. Its been canceled
2. Seriously? We are going to start squabbling about performance we will never see on a game that will never release?

·
Premium Member
10,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

Nvidia didn't just get them to get rid of ASC, they got them to get rid of the whole damn game!!!
They didn't stop there, they got them to shut down the whole studio.

·
To The Game
7,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilWrir View Post

Thread cleaned of OT

1. Its been canceled
2. Seriously? We are going to start squabbling about performance we will never see on a game that will never release?
Hell. Not sure this game was worth arguing over when it was still g2g. I played the beta and the most interesting thing I can think of was the fact I played with people on their Xbones.

·
100+ fps
2,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

Nvidia didn't just get them to get rid of ASC, they got them to get rid of the whole damn game!!!
Why should they, 980 Ti reference beat Fury X in all resolutions in every single FL benchmark I have seen. And a custom 980 Ti is about 20% faster than 980 Ti reference out of the box and easily gains another 15% from additional OC.

·
User
2,334 Posts
Quote:

Why should they, 980 Ti reference beat Fury X in all resolutions in every single FL benchmark I have seen. And a custom 980 Ti is about 20% faster than 980 Ti reference out of the box and easily gains another 15% from additional OC.
You must be fun at parties.

• Rep+
Reactions: Robenger

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Quote:

Uhm...you do realize that everyone in this thread is joking since the game no longer exists right?

·
Professional Proletariat
5,671 Posts
thumb.gif

Somebody didn't get the memo it seems

·
2,434 Posts
Am I the only one who noticed SLI/Crossfire wasn't working?

·
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.
3,633 Posts
The 980ti will rule this game. It shall be I promise.

That is if there was actually a game to rule hahahaha. It does suck though I actually wanted to play this game.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts