Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY system is an ABIT IC7-MAX3 MB w/ P4 cpu 512 ram WD 120gb SATA HD.

I have a TDK 440N DVD burner IDE.
MY problem is I need to ghost my HD to a DVD. When I boot to ghost (in DOS) the system hangs and crashes. (due to the fact it is a sata HD). If I add the /noide switch it will boot and see the SATA drive, biut not the IDE dvd-rom. (since I told it not to use IDE)

My question is where can i find dos sata drivers to reate a boot disk that will allow dos to see my drive. All drivers I have found are for 2k or xp. When I create a boot disk (98) and add the sata drivers for the xp F6 option, it hangs on that line of the config.sys
I may be spinning my wheels also because (and hear me out here) if i load the drivers for SATA, and then load ghost, and tell it to load with /noide, do you think it will see the SATA and IDE drives and allow it to work together?

Symantec was of course no help and recommended I call the $39.95 an issue line.
ANy help is appreciated guys and gals!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian_1822

MY system is an ABIT IC7-MAX3 MB w/ P4 cpu 512 ram WD 120gb SATA HD.

I have a TDK 440N DVD burner IDE.
MY problem is I need to ghost my HD to a DVD. When I boot to ghost (in DOS) the system hangs and crashes. (due to the fact it is a sata HD). If I add the /noide switch it will boot and see the SATA drive, biut not the IDE dvd-rom. (since I told it not to use IDE)

My question is where can i find dos sata drivers to reate a boot disk that will allow dos to see my drive. All drivers I have found are for 2k or xp. When I create a boot disk (98) and add the sata drivers for the xp F6 option, it hangs on that line of the config.sys
I may be spinning my wheels also because (and hear me out here) if i load the drivers for SATA, and then load ghost, and tell it to load with /noide, do you think it will see the SATA and IDE drives and allow it to work together?

Symantec was of course no help and recommended I call the $39.95 an issue line.
ANy help is appreciated guys and gals!

I solved the problem by upgrading to Ghost 9.0

Hope this helps the next poor soul!

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian_1822

I solved the problem by upgrading to Ghost 9.0

Hope this helps the next poor soul!

I was going to say that..... because I had the same problem at work....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts