Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Representatives from Microsoft have responded to November's NPD numbers, reflecting on what the company is calling the best November in Xbox 360 history.

"November was an amazing month for Xbox 360 and sets us up for a great finish in the closing stretch of holiday 2009," said a statement released by the company today.

According to Microsoft, combined revenue for Xbox 360 hardware, software and accessories for the month was USD 838 million, the highest grossing November in Xbox 360 history.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-ever-november

·
PC Evangelist
47,388 Posts
Like they did not know this would not happen after banning so many people.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's from the Holiday season & MW2. The few hundred thousand banned XBL accounts likely had little, if anything, to do with it.

·
PC Evangelist
47,388 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz
View Post

It's from the Holiday season & MW2. The few hundred thousand banned XBL accounts likely had little, if anything, to do with it.

I hear like 1 million accounts and consoles were banned i would now say that is little.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz
View Post

1 million or so people get their consoles banned from XBL. I wouldn't be surprised somewhere around half of them went out and bought or borrowed another 360 no more then a day after. I know I probably would too.
I wouldn't call that "little".

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er
View Post

I hear like 1 million accounts and consoles were banned i would now say that is little.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28
View Post

1 million or so people get their consoles banned from XBL. I wouldn't be surprised somewhere around half of them went out and bought or borrowed another 360 no more then a day after. I know I probably would too.
I wouldn't call that "little".

The "1 million" is a rumor, not fact. We are not supposed to masquerade rumors as facts on these forums.

Edit-And the 1 million accounts being banned was denied by Microsoft, so there, it's simply not true. You guys act as if the accounts were banned to earn more money. That is ridiculous. The accounts were banned to protect the integrity of honest people such as myself. I don't buy games for $60 and pay a subscription to XBL so others can steal and cheat.

http://www.gamenewshq.com/news/380135

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-live-accounts

·
Banned
54 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz View Post
The "1 million" is a rumor, not fact. We are not supposed to masquerade rumors as facts on these forums.

Edit-And the 1 million accounts being banned was denied by Microsoft, so there, it's simply not true. You guys act as if the accounts were banned to earn more money. That is ridiculous. The accounts were banned to protect the integrity of honest people such as myself. I don't buy games for $60 and pay a subscription to XBL so others can steal and cheat.

http://www.gamenewshq.com/news/380135

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-live-accounts
It was several hundred thousands. Aren't you splitting hairs?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Actually, when my E74 error'ed xbox came back last January from MS with swapped internals, it wouldn't read roms. I knew some people who were good with hardware and they helped me do a firmware dump (believe that is what is called) and found out that it was flashed with hacked firmware, only the drive key was botched, hence why it wouldn't read discs. Once it is flashed apparently, you need the original to go back. They upgraded me to the latest hacked firmware since there was nothing else that could be done, and I was banned during this wave. Burned by MS. I wonder how many other people out there were just like me.

To stay on topic, I have a feeling most of the extra revenue was from people buying new xbox's.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoTard View Post
It was several hundred thousands. Aren't you splitting hairs?
No, actually it wasn't several hundred thousand. Microsoft at no point in time released any number.

They said they "banned accounts" (plural) and that it wasn't as many as 1 million, thus the only fact we have on this subject is that between 2 people and 999,999 people were banned.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz View Post
No, actually it wasn't several hundred thousand. Microsoft at no point in time released any number.

They said they "banned accounts" (plural) and that it wasn't as many as 1 million, thus the only fact we have on this subject is that between 2 people and 999,999 people were banned.
So the number of people banned that apparently ranged from 600K - 1 Mil was pulled out of thin air? I find that hard to believe.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoTard View Post
So the number of people banned that apparently ranged from 600K - 1 Mil was pulled out of thin air? I find that hard to believe.
Yes, that is exactly where it was pulled from. This is the internet, and people are 14, they make stuff up all the time lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts