Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 broke all first-month sales figures in the US during November by selling 6.07 million console units, according to sales figures released today by The NPD Group.

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has achieved the top spot for first-month sales of any game at the title level," said NPD analyst Anita Frazier.

"Halo 3 previously held the spot when it sold 3.3 million units in September '07 in 12 days at retail. [Modern Warfare 2] bested Halo 3's daily sales rate by 16 per cent in its 19 days at retail in November."

The full top ten list follows.

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, Xbox 360) - 4,200,000
2. Call of Cuty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, PlayStation 3) - 1,870,000
3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii) - 1,390,000
4. Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft, Xbox 360) - 794,700
5. Left 4 Dead 2 (EA, Xbox 360) - 744,000
6. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii) - 720,200
7. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii) - 679,000
8. Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft, PlayStation 3) - 448,400
9. Dragon Age: Origins (EA, Xbox 360) - 362,100
10. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo, Wii) - 315,000

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...6-million-sold

·
HEC Club
13,589 Posts
Interesting how the PC version is no where on that list. Only in the world of console where players are too stupid to realize they are being shafted by outrageous DLC charges, crappy resolution and graphics, and dumbed down gameplay and are blind to the fact that there is an opportunity to improve gaming for evveryone. Kind of reminds me of a lot of citizens in the US too, especially those in poverty.

·
Banned
5,782 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob
View Post

Interesting how the PC version is no where on that list. Only in the world of console where players are too stupid to realize they are being shafted by outrageous DLC charges, crappy resolution and graphics, and dumbed down gameplay and are blind to the fact that there is an opportunity to improve gaming for evveryone. Kind of reminds me of a lot of citizens in the US too, especially those in poverty.

No, not interesting at all. There are no PC games in the list, and the article clearly only concerns consoles.

·
HEC Club
13,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrodisiac
View Post

No, not interesting at all. There are no PC games in the list, and the article clearly only concerns consoles.

Oops misread. I still believe console players should fight more for gaming improvements.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

View Post

4 people can't sit around a $299 dollar PC and all play MW2. Consoles have always been, and will always be, the best mutliplayer experience. With Xbox 360, I can take 3 of my friends and myself online and play against 4 other people, and you just can't do that with a PC. PC requires you to buy 4 of everything, and then an expensive router on top of that.

·
HEC Club
13,589 Posts
If you are talking about 4 ppl playing on one screen trying to play FPS, that is NOT a good multiplayer experience. The only good multiplayer experience would be dedicated servers or company hosted servers to have a fast, lag-free, and fair experience, especially for FPS. I understand the benefits of consoles and agree with you that they are great for casual friends and if this is the default PC gaming results we see from producers, I rather these developers simply pull out of the PC gaming market.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

View Post

If you are talking about 4 ppl playing on one screen trying to play FPS, that is NOT a good multiplayer experience.

I disagree, 4 people on one TV is amazing. N64 got it right and everyone has followed suit ever since.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Quote:

View Post

As a console gamer, I don't really care about this. Yes I would like games to look as good as a PC, but that would require the console to cost $1000, which if I had to pay that I would never own a console. Yes it sucks they charge for DLC, but its understandable. It would be like me making you a garage on your house then not charging you, its an addition to something already made. Of course they are gonna charge, they made it. In a society that everything is based on profit they would be stupid not to charge.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The 360 was the primary target market for MW2. It's fairly evident that the PC and PS3 versions were ported sloppily, and thus you'd just plain expect the 360 to run it better. There really isn't much to debate here.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
the only thing with consoles is that i love how a bunch of people can have fun on 1 screen, rockband, dance dance revo, esp on the wii, you can really bond and stuff and great for parties BUT thats about it, everyone gets tired after a while, the PC is just so multipurpose youd might as well game on it as well

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz View Post
4 people can't sit around a $299 dollar PC and all play MW2. Consoles have always been, and will always be, the best mutliplayer experience. With Xbox 360, I can take 3 of my friends and myself online and play against 4 other people, and you just can't do that with a PC. PC requires you to buy 4 of everything, and then an expensive router on top of that.
There are about 6.8 Billion people on the marble we call Earth. Do you think more play games on console or on PC?

·
Banned
5,782 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoki318 View Post
There are about 6.8 Billion people on the marble we call Earth. Do you think more play games on console or on PC?
I actually think the largest majority of the 6.8 billion people don't even have clean water to drink. What's your point?

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoki318 View Post
It doesn't matter what the answer is, because you're not making a point. Most PC gamers are middle aged women playing Solitaire at work. In second place is middle aged women playing The Sims. Gamers who play "real games" make up an excruciatingly small per cent of the market. We're nobody's in the gaming industry.

·
HEC Club
13,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz
View Post

I disagree, 4 people on one TV is amazing. N64 got it right and everyone has followed suit ever since.

If you and your friends enjoy squinting at your own section of a TV, then good for you. Most people enjoy having their own screen much more as it makes sense; more screen area, dedicated screen area, and no ghosting. I hated when people I played Golden Eye with glanced over on my section of the TV when I am trying to ninja kill them. Well... whatever floats your boat man... to each his own!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SacredChaos
View Post

As a console gamer, I don't really care about this. Yes I would like games to look as good as a PC, but that would require the console to cost $1000, which if I had to pay that I would never own a console. Yes it sucks they charge for DLC, but its understandable. It would be like me making you a garage on your house then not charging you, its an addition to something already made. Of course they are gonna charge, they made it. In a society that everything is based on profit they would be stupid not to charge.

I should clarify, I have no problem charging for DLC as long as it is worth it. I scorn companies that charge outrageous prices for ******ed things like costumes, skins, or content they already have on the disc. To use your anology, it is like building a garage for someone, but saying "Even though it is part of the house, you can't use it until you pay x amount more." If you are charging for crap like taht, then companies should grow a pair and come out to admit it.

·
Banned
2,424 Posts
Quote:

View Post

If you and your friends enjoy squinting at your own section of a TV, then good for you. Most people enjoy having their own screen much more as it makes sense; more screen area, dedicated screen area, and no ghosting. I hated when people I played Golden Eye with glanced over on my section of the TV when I am trying to ninja kill them. Well... whatever floats your boat man... to each his own!

I should clarify, I have no problem charging for DLC as long as it is worth it. I scorn companies that charge outrageous prices for ******ed things like costumes, skins, or content they already have on the disc. To use your anology, it is like building a garage for someone, but saying "Even though it is part of the house, you can't use it until you pay x amount more." If you are charging for crap like taht, then companies should grow a pair and come out to admit it.

if you don't like to pay for DLC then don't buy it.

·
HEC Club
13,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ5Broli
View Post

if you don't like to pay for DLC then don't buy it.

I don't buy them. Unlike those spineless boycotters and whiners, I actually put my money where my mouth is. While I do have some lingering regrets not being able to play what is no doubt a great single player game, I will not ever again give money to IW until they make some huge strides in making up with the same community that got them where they are today.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
pretty impressive numbers. even with all that negative press about dedi's and the locked content. to be honest IW did a great job during all of this and have also stood their ground in what they believed would be a successful game. This was their vision and they delivered IMHO a great game.

·
Banned
4,189 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Oops misread. I still believe console players should fight more for gaming improvements.

yeah, like dedicated servers on consoles!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts