Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Capcom's highly-anticipated horror title Resident Evil 5 has already been leaked on torrent sites ten days before its official release.

The title isn't officially available in Europe and the US until March 13, but a cracked Xbox 360 version of the game, weighing in at 6.71GB, is already being downloaded by users.

Like the majority of games publishers, Capcom has faced the headache of piracy in the past. Last year, the company complained that sales of the PC version of Devil May Cry 4 were hit hard by severe piracy.

Resident Evil 5 is likely to be one of the biggest games of the year, and was recently voted the most anticipated title by the GamesIndustry.biz Network.

Last week, downloads of the Xbox 360 and PS3 demo reached over 4 million users.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-sharing-sites

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Well, anyone with a hacked system will enjoy this, but true, die-hard RE fans will still more the likely dole out the money for a hard copy. At least I'd hope so.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
I knew it would be out soon, but anybody hoping to boot this is going to fail since it most likely includes the NXE update which is causing problems for people with firmware hacks.

I've been waiting for this game forever. Resident Evil 5 plus my new iPhone. This month is going to be fantastic!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1 View Post
I knew it would be out soon, but anybody hoping to boot this is going to fail since it most likely includes the NXE update which is causing problems for people with firmware hacks.

I've been waiting for this game forever. Resident Evil 5 plus my new iPhone. This month is going to be fantastic!
One would assume the hax savvy would also know you don't play the game until release. It would be a riot to see a flood of bricked systems as a result of it, though.

Also, enjoy your new stuff.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zorpnic View Post
One would assume the hax savvy would also know you don't play the game until release. It would be a riot to see a flood of bricked systems as a result of it, though.

Also, enjoy your new stuff.
Yeah, I don't feel sorry for anybody who boots a burned game and then gets banned because they're connected to live and on their gamertag more than a week before release. And then they wonder what happened? Don't be a moron and things don't happen.

As for me, I hoped to get this early, but I cannot dream of not getting a legit Resident Evil game. Every game ever released I bought within the first day. This one will be no different.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
People get advanced copies of games all the time and they never get banned. I remeber when Halo 3 came out this guy I know was playing 2 weeks before release and he never had any troubles from microsoft. His system is legit. I can understand a ban for a hacked console, but banning someone for getting the game early I doubt it.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
roflmao

That is just sad.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diabolical999
View Post

Some stories shouldn't even be news. It's basically a heads up for piraters to start downloading it now.

I'm pretty sure if someone is wanting it they have been checking the usual places each day. So, really this isn't doing much at all. Especially with a game this popular.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1
View Post

I'm pretty sure if someone is wanting it they have been checking the usual places each day. So, really this isn't doing much at all. Especially with a game this popular.

Totally agree, I don't think the guys with modded xbox's are on Overclock.net waiting for word of RE5 to be leaked.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bulmung
View Post

Totally agree, I don't think the guys with modded xbox's are on Overclock.net waiting for word of RE5 to be leaked.

Exactly. I agree I hadn't looked online for it to leak until I saw it on here, but even if I hadn't of seen it on here, I would have eventually saw it posted today at some point.

I seem to go to OCN almost as soon as I'm using my PC in the morning.

Most people who were waiting for it to leak knew it was coming soon, considering the JPN date is March 5th.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I didn't post this topic, Omega would have. All the topics thus far that I pass over, he just posts them a bit later, but using Joystiq or Kotaku as his source.

Basically, I posted this because I was 99.9% sure someone else would post it anyways, so I might as well look cool and suave.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz View Post
If I didn't post this topic, Omega would have. All the topics thus far that I pass over, he just posts them a bit later, but using Joystiq or Kotaku as his source.

Basically, I posted this because I was 99.9% sure someone else would post it anyways, so I might as well look cool and suave.
What a great reason to post news. I'm thinking your being sarcastic but it's hard to tell.

I'm tired of seeing how hacking on pc hurts sells but not seeing anything to that effect on the 360.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHeaven View Post
What a great reason to post news. I'm thinking your being sarcastic but it's hard to tell.
Haha, *I* thought it was interesting, and I figured people here would too since RE5 seems pretty popular on this forum. But I almost passed over the article since it was pretty short, and piracy related.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz View Post
Haha, *I* thought it was interesting, and I figured people here would too since RE5 seems pretty popular on this forum. But I almost passed over the article since it was pretty short, and piracy related.
I find it interesting, and thank you for posting it. I might be wrong but hasn't every major game launch on the 360 leaked in recent memory. Fable 2, Gears 2, Fallout 3, and now RE5? Xbox should require online activation of its games lololol.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bulmung View Post
I find it interesting, and thank you for posting it. I might be wrong but hasn't every major game launch on the 360 leaked in recent memory. Fable 2, Gears 2, Fallout 3, and now RE5? Xbox should require online activation of its games lololol.
Heck no! online activation Jesus. I don't think that many people own hacked xbox 360s I may be wrong who knows. I for one think its a shame, but its not like they aren't still gonna be #1 on the charts and still make a butt load of money. People are still gonna want this game.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.