Never Finished
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, they're not animating.

·
Never Finished
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately Animated Avatars are no longer a functional feature at this time.

Jeff M
So, is this something temporary, or will this never be implemented?

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,463 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
No Gifs? I'd call that a feature. now I won't have to block them all with ublock.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Tell me about it.

·
Simpleton
1,895 Posts
yeah pls fix

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Honestly, .gif avatars ceasing to work I would consider a Pro of the Xenforo migration, not a bug to be fixed. Some of the animated avatars I've seen here over the years have been disgusting, others have been irritating but by far the worst are the high-speed ones which I find very distracting when trying to read a thread.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Honestly, .gif avatars ceasing to work I would consider a Pro of the Xenforo migration, not a bug to be fixed. Some of the animated avatars I've seen here over the years have been disgusting, others have been irritating but by far the worst are the high-speed ones which I find very distracting when trying to read a thread.

·
Untitled.jpg
1,044 Posts
I hadn't even noticed but I love my gif, pls make work

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
In 2020, I guess we also hate movement, judging by this thread.

·
486DX2 66
4,066 Posts
:(

My avatar was my life

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
There are a couple that are pretty annoying.
Probably could be easily solved with a very low 50kb file max :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Would it be possible to re-enable them as they were before and add an option in account settings to disable them from displaying if individual users find them too distracting? I miss mine, was nice and subtle.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Would it be possible to re-enable them as they were before and add an option in account settings to disable them from displaying if individual users find them too distracting? I miss mine, was nice and subtle.
Hi,
Yep simple show animations setting on or off.

·
Never Finished
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi,
Yep simple show animations setting on or off.
Best of both worlds, I think that's a great idea. Hopefully, Jeff will chime in. Saying it's no longer functional at this time is kind of ambiguous.

• Rep+
Reactions: Paradigm Shifter

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Best of both worlds, I think that's a great idea. Hopefully, Jeff will chime in. Saying it's no longer functional at this time is kind of ambiguous.
Hi,
Think @ENTERPRISE already did somewhere

·
Administrator
13,665 Posts
Heya all,

It is not an option at this time, it is possible it may return with future updates but right now we have some bigger fish to fry.

Jeff M

·
Registered
85 Posts
Why were gif avatars allowed in the first place? They serve as a needless distraction only. If people feel like they need to share something that's moving, they will post it. There really is no need to have animated pictures next to one's name at all times.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts