Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I bought this card and found out that Gigabyte has two variants with the same nomenclature. The one w USB-C seems to follow the reference card PCB while mine (without USB-C) seems to be a cheaper version.

I want to know if this is true and how good or bad are those components/VRM design compared to the reference card? For example, mine is missing a phase and uses barrel capacitors (560 2.5v / 100 16v) with R15 chokes. When testing at full load, I can easily tell by touch that the VRM area is getting way hotter than the GPU die area, which reports 70-71C w fans at 80-100%.

Here are their pictures side by side:

Attachments

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
Without USB-C has worse ripple on voltage feed to the core due to polymer caps instead of SMD, so it will overclock worse knowing just this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For “stock” boost clocks, 1980-2050Mhz, is this VRM good enough? I am worried due the VRM area getting really hot when the card is at full usage (4k resolutions) and the rated temperature on those components in a long term.

This buildzoid review of the eVGA 2070S KO (“k”ost optimized as he mentions) shares a similar design but they are using R22 chokes and 820 2.5V / 270 16VH capacitors… does it makes any big difference?

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
Yo can run it without heatsink for VRM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts