Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably going to get the Gigabyte 3D Galaxy. (I now all you hard core water coolers hate kits, but its cheapers, and easier for a new water cooling.
) I was wondering what people think of them. I was also going to get the Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case that is designed to go with the Galaxy. I am getting the Galaxy for $149 from newegg.com

http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/Peripher...s_GH-WIU01.htm

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I've seen that system get good temp's (34 max load no o/c )on a x2 4400, for a starter kit it is a good choice. Only con is the tubing is a bit stif and kinks easy but I think it will do you good.

·
Registered
376 Posts
From what I heard, it performs decently for its price class but the reservoir gave a few people problems.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
ive seen it in action a fx-57 at 49Cload it was running at 60Cload n stock cooling so i say it all right for the price

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Snerp's "you’re a cheap bastard, but you can still have a custom kit" setup:

Swiftech Apogee: $39.95 with shipping if you follow my directions HERE

Hydor L35 Pump: $53.95

Masterkleer Tubing: .69/ft I'll figure 8ft - 5.52

Double heatercore: $25-30

2x120mm fans $10-30

Tupperware for fan shroud found HERE: $2

Zipties: $3

$10 for random stuff. Add a Res for $15 if you want or add in fittings and such for a T like

Basically the same price and I'd bet you can find all of these parts on sale. You're going to get better results for your money and this kit will allow you to upgrade if you want to add a GPU block. This is also ALOT more fun

• Rep+
Reactions: pauldovi

·
Registered
859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerp

Snerp's "you're a cheap bastard, but you can still have a custom kit" setup:

Swiftech Apogee: $39.95 with shipping if you follow my directions HERE

Hydor L35 Pump: $53.95

Masterkleer Tubing: .69/ft I'll figure 8ft - 5.52

Double heatercore: $25-30

2x120mm fans $10-30

Tupperware for fan shroud found HERE: $2

Zipties: $3

$10 for random stuff. Add a Res for $15 if you want or add in fittings and such for a T like

Basically the same price and I'd bet you can find all of these parts on sale. You're going to get better results for your money and this kit will allow you to upgrade if you want to add a GPU block. This is also ALOT more fun

Yep, i would use a custom kit...

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
I forgot to add a pump relay switch. So add an extra $10-15

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
haven't installed the waterblock yet - its running on stock cooling ATM - i have to wait til sat (day off of work) to re-do the loop

are you saying the kid that i posted was bad? theres nothing bad about the apogee besides the fact that the early batch had metal shavings inside the block - other than that its a great block, in a great kit, for a great price, and it'll spank the gigabyte WC system anyday, anytime

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonMango

haven't installed the waterblock yet - its running on stock cooling ATM - i have to wait til sat (day off of work) to re-do the loop

are you saying the kid that i posted was bad? theres nothing bad about the apogee besides the fact that the early batch had metal shavings inside the block - other than that its a great block, in a great kit, for a great price, and it'll spank the gigabyte WC system anyday, anytime

I'm not saying anything bad about the kit
I'm getting one with the apoge also just another kit myself
soon and I'm thinking of getting the DD ATI-X18 waterblock later and I'm just wondering if it's any good

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, you have convinced me, I will try a custom setup. I made a new thread with my setup details.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts