Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gpu usage seems to be abnormally high when playing games or watching crap on youtube. When i run the arkham city benchmark i can get average 130fps but when i play the actual game i get 60 with an average of 40 something. Same goes for crysis. Is this normal? Also any driver besided 8.95.5 rapidly jumps from 2d to 3d clocks from 36degrees to 60 degrees.

I hate gigabyte in general so maybe i'm imagining it but is my card a bit... Crap compared to others such as the Sapphire 7970's

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Youtube videos will raise your GPU usage but your clocks will be lower - 500mhz or something like that. So GPU %'age will be high but clockspeeds should be low.

Make sure you don't have youtube or any type of media player / video player windows open in the background while gaming. Your clockspeeds will be screwed up if you do that.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman246 View Post

My gpu usage seems to be abnormally high when playing games or watching crap on youtube. When i run the arkham city benchmark i can get average 130fps but when i play the actual game i get 60 with an average of 40 something. Same goes for crysis. Is this normal? Also any driver besided 8.95.5 rapidly jumps from 2d to 3d clocks from 36degrees to 60 degrees.
I hate gigabyte in general so maybe i'm imagining it but is my card a bit... Crap compared to others such as the Sapphire 7970's
It's not the card, it's the driver. Try the 12.5 beta. It idles a lot lower. Also, disable flash acceleration in firefox by right clicking a youtube vid...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

It's not the card, it's the driver. Try the 12.5 beta. It idles a lot lower. Also, disable flash acceleration in firefox by right clicking a youtube vid...
Tried it last week. Even when idling with no applications open it still happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts