Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have RAID0 setup on 4 WD Raptors, but one day I got a BSOD I could not seem to resolve, so I've switched to IDE mode on 1 drive ever since. It's been quite painful, so I decided to try and setup RAID again, but I'm having a horrible time getting it to work.

Instead of using 4 drives, I'm only trying to use 2. They are plugged into SATA ports 0 and 1. I configure my RAID, the drives show online during the boot and are detected by the RAID Manager, but Windows 7 x64 doesn't see them during the install. I'm hitting f8 to turn off unsigned driver management, and I've used the drivers on the motherboard CD, on Gigabytes website, and from AMD. The drive still doesn't show up. I also slipstreamed all of these drivers into a new Windows 7 64 disk (it's an OEM Win7 disk), but still no drive showing up.

So, I try a workaround by plugging 1 drive into SATA port 4 in IDE Mode, installed Windows, left SATA ports 0-3 in RAID mode, and I was going to try and clone the Win7 install over. Unfortunately, the RAID Array isn't showing in Windows either. The RAID Controller is fine, and I can access it through RAID Xpert, but no RAID Array shows up.

What's the missing piece of the puzzle here?

·
Storage Nut
21,144 Posts
Should have bought Intel.
tongue.gif

The latest driver from the site should allow you to see the array.

What port is the Windows install media plugged into? USB or another SATA port?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.