Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
lol, i just bought a DS3 rev 1.3 couple days ago. i installed it and thought the sound didnt work. But all you need to do is use the CDs that came with it, either the normal one for XP and 2000, or the other one for Vista. You should install all those chipset drivers, or at least the HD audio driver and the Realtek Codec. It should work after u install those and restart.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are you using the digital output on your board or the analog? Reason i ask is that I'm trying to use the optical output but only 2 channels work out of the 6

Oh and one more thing could you check in the Realtek HD Audio Manager -> Mixer tab -> Playback device drop down(on the right).....do you see more than option there? I only see Realtek HD Audio Output, but for the record area I see two an HD Digital input and HD audio input. I'm just trying to figure out if I have a driver issue that is preventing me from using digital out.

Sorry to jack your thread but figured it was along the same lines as my question so thought it wouldn't be problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.