Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a DDR3 LGA775 motherboard and this is the only motherboard I found, I was using a EP45-UD3R and I want to try this DDR3 mobo, do you guys think I will get the same stable OC I got with the UD3R?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Aquax, How's that board working for you? I have the sameone and finally got my 1600 FSB out of it, don't care much for the onboard RAID though, would like to know what you've gotten out of it?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I have the gigabyte ddr2/3 motherboard. (actually my friends but I do all the maintanence and setup)

Its got ddr2 ram in it now, and a Q8300 OCed from 2.5 to 3.4, and im sure it would go higher with better ram.

Its a decent board, no real complaints. if you just want a board that has ddr2 and ddr3 slots then its not a bad choice but I feel like its not a great board for OCing. Not bad by any means but it doesnt have as many options as some other boards. My p5q SE plus has more OCing options than this board, but not a lot more.

one intersting thing about it though is that you can adjust the memory multiplier and for some reason it defualted at 2.5 causing the memory to run at 960 instead of 800. Good for OCing memory.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 11alliance11
View Post

Why LGA775 If I may ask?

probably because hes got a q9550 and that CPU is by no means past its life cycle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts