Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when these will be released to the market (especially the Australian market)?
From the specs I saw, if you really want to future proof your investment, you might as well wait for these. I believe it supports the next gen SATA too!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A bit more information has been found ...
Supposedly they were supposed to hit the market in August, but issues with SATA 3 may delay it. Still looking for more information, so if anyone finds some, please let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All of the EX58A mobos have 24 phase power.. though it is SATAIII support that I am interested in..

I have 2 of the current X58 UD5's, and it made me wonder, if one of my mobos failed for any reason, after these new boards get released, do you think that I would be given the EX58A UD5 as my replacement?

TBH, I am extremely happy with the performance of my current UD5's, but these new boards do sound appealing.. though I really want to try an X58 mobo from another manufacturer other than Gigabyte, because I know this board and its BIOS inside out, and it isn't really a challenge for me anymore...

I am quite interested in the Asus RIIE or the DFI X58 T3eH8, though I will hold off buying another board until I see what else will be getting released in the next couple of months...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Other sites are saying that the lower range mobo's are 12-phase, I don't think "all" will be 24.
Guess it remains to be seen...

I wish they'd freakin hurry up already! We'll probably have to wait even longer in Oz... :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts