1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
mfw
8,625 Posts
"Strong value" is not something I'd say of a monitor whose panel has response times that bad, but ok.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I don't know if this is still applicable today, but if you can find the flat LG 32GK650F for around $299 like you could a year ago then honestly I feel like that's a much "stronger value".

·
Overclocker
11,344 Posts
Curved... instant no buy.
VA... instant no buy.
Terrible response times from blacks... instant no buy.
Overdrive... *silence* I'm speechless, might not have seen a worse overdrive and a slower VA panel used in a 100+ Hz monitor yet, this is absolutely terrible and takes some expert level of incompetence most likely to create an overdrive as bad as this which has over 50ms response time from black at all refresh and OD options possible or choose such a slow panel from a supplier for a monitor that's not 24 Hz but far above.

This should be crowned as the king of black smearing with some award.

LOL look at those UFO photos, that's crazy.

·
Twitch Streamer
1,718 Posts
There are too many elitists on here. That monitor is still better than running one at 60Hz. I know some people complain that 32inch monitors are something too big for specific specific resolutions.. 1080P to be exact. Some complain they can "see the pixels". I'm not sure if that applied to 1440P, though. That's something to take into consideration. IMO It's better than nothing if you can't spend a butt ton of money in this world that's severely affected by COVID. But of course do research on others and compare.. you may find one better and cheaper.

·
Overclocker
11,344 Posts
There are too many elitists on here. That monitor is still better than running one at 60Hz. I know some people complain that 32inch monitors are something too big for specific specific resolutions.. 1080P to be exact. Some complain they can "see the pixels". I'm not sure if that applied to 1440P, though. That's something to take into consideration. IMO It's better than nothing if you can't spend a butt ton of money in this world that's severely affected by COVID. But of course do research on others and compare.. you may find one better and cheaper.
The problem is cheap VA 32" 1440p144+ is nothing new anymore and there are cheaper options even flat ones than this Gigabyte on market for quite some time and with way better response times too as they don't use some weird super cheap TV panel or a tuning of the VA to have high contrast at the cost of miserable response times.

Gigabyte is late to the party and with a bad non competitive product. Does anyone want to pay around 25% extra for a Gigabyte model that's worse? Not many.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't think it's about being elitist. Enthusiast =/= Elitist. Also when people make inquiries here (as I often do) its to get the objective facts or opinions from people with more experience / knowledge of tech who have good or bad things to say about a product, before I spend hundreds (or more) of my hard earned dollars on something.

In the case of this monitor, its advertising as great value, but I can think of 3 or 4 other cheaper panels with better performance off the top of my head, instantly debunking the obvious false line some intern on the marketing department came up with.

I am a PC tech by trade; I build and repair PCs 5 days a week. And the things I don't know about PCs could fill a library. I always come here to educate and inform myself from people who know more then myself, and to drop off any information I can from my experiences also.

·
mfw
8,625 Posts
well, what I got now is Benq BL3200PT https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_bl3200pt.htm
And i find it solid for gaming. I do not notice the stuff you mention, and this is a lot slower monitor.
just wanted to know is this a good upgrade. not a competitve online gamer, prefer singleplayer gaming.
I'd argue that, if you "do not notice the stuff [they] mention" with a BL3200PT, any modern monitor above 60Hz will be an upgrade for you (and, by extension, this one by Gigabyte).

So, in that sense, I suppose you can buy it and improve your experience. All we're saying is that you're simply going from 2014 to 2016.

·
mfw
8,625 Posts
so what are the options than.
can u name a few monitors. thanks
What is your budget?

You can also use RTINGS' tool to help you find better options.

Attachments

·
Overclocker
11,344 Posts
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/gigabyte/g32qc

More sensible contrast for an LCD which resulted in at least not as awful but still pretty damn bad response times from blacks.

Takes some damn amount of smearing blacks due to slow transitions to do this:

Even they mention that the older cheaper and flat LG is better.

This Gigabyte monitor looks like a total flop.

·
Registered
530 Posts
After a lot of research I decided to give it a try, and so far I’m extremely happy. I went from a asus vg248qg TN panel 1ms 1080p monitor. Is it slower? Probably. Can I tell? No.. I play mostly modern warfare, I tweaked some settings in the monitor and everything works nice. I have noticed no ghosting. Is it the best on the market, probably not. For the money I’m satisfied.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts