Overclock.net banner
3721 - 3726 of 3726 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
I wonder why tf when you have superior board such as x570 TaiChi, why you even bother with this old and weak on VRM side Aorus x370 board to use it, instead of selling it, and just use the better board.. As board vendors did take AMD seriously with Zen II and x470, and with ZEN III and x570 they made ultra high end boards for AMD as well such as Aorus x570 Xtreme or MSI GodLike x570. But x370 board were a joke sadly compared to the high end of the intel boards back in 2017 .. My Aorux x370 K7 works like a charm, but still is not on par with the x470 Aorus 7 WI-FI, and is far cry from Aorus Xtreme x570 in terms of build quality, specially VRM and VRM heatsink... But i like the board anyway (aside from the weak 6 phase Vcore VRM, and the crap joke of VRM heatsink, nothing that x2 40mm fans cant fix, but still compare the Aorux x470 7 and Aorux x570 Xtreme or even the master VRM heatsink to ours....) it works great since day 1, it have armored PCIex and MEM slots lot of dual stuff such as BIOS, Audio, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, it have tons of 4 pin PWM fan headers that work great.. Only downside these days is the board is old and have only 1 M2 connector, and it piss me off the VRM is 6+4 4 phases for Vsoc FK that... They should have made the VRM 8+2 (8 real phases, not doublers)

What is there to like so much about this thread ? I am happy i did read in Gigabyte forums before every update, so i saw some garbage BIOS that did overvolt CPUs as some ppl did kill their processors so i did not update...

If you have fast Samsung B-Die kit, and you have trouble running faster speed then 3400 memory, then you have to blame the damn latest AGESA microcode.. I did readin this thread, that some other ppl did upgrade the AGESA and got OC nerf.. Maybe flash to the previous version of the BIOS it should fix it for you. After all you dont need the very latest BIOS, if you have ZEN II processor, just flash 1-2 versions early BIOS. I have atm F50e and works fine with Ryzen 3700x and 32GB B-Die sticks at CL14 3600 speed..
Well Mega, here's the deal: If you would have paid a little more attention you would have noticed that I said it was a W7 machine. None of the latter mobo's support W7 drivers and therein lies the problem. To get W7 to run on a Rizen board takes a little finesse, as Microsoft has seen fit not to include support for USB 3 on W7. However, Gigabyte and Asus did an end run around MS and provided a driver package that can be shoehorned into the W7 install routine. Somewhere on this board, myself, as well as others, have fully documented the process. Why W7? Well because some of us think it was the best OS ever from MS and is one heck of a gaming platform as long as your games are DX11. Some games like CP77 have been ported over to DX11. As an aside, I have a PC platform for almost all games from DOS, W3.1 and on up. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw the W7 u said, and that was on my mind, as possible reason to use this board, as maybe x570 does not have drivers... Bu better to ask then to wonder. Still i find it very nice to use this board since 2017, and now as they did unlock ZEN III on x370 it have even an small upgrade path, no matter others will go for AM5 and DDR5 that will cost alot more..

Yes Windows 7 was better, as i am on Windows 10 pro since when they did release it, and i find some annoying bugs and crap, thata was never the issue with Win 7... Saw that with the non working USBs (non of them works even USB 2.0) as before to upgrade to windows 10, there was a trick to hack Win 7, and make it original, and then upgrade to Win 10, and i saw how non of my USB will not work, but the board has PS/2 connetor, it was enough to plug in mouse.......

·
Registered
561 Posts
I saw the W7 u said, and that was on my mind, as possible reason to use this board, as maybe x570 does not have drivers... Bu better to ask then to wonder. Still i find it very nice to use this board since 2017, and now as they did unlock ZEN III on x370 it have even an small upgrade path, no matter others will go for AM5 and DDR5 that will cost alot more..

Yes Windows 7 was better, as i am on Windows 10 pro since when they did release it, and i find some annoying bugs and crap, thata was never the issue with Win 7... Saw that with the non working USBs (non of them works even USB 2.0) as before to upgrade to windows 10, there was a trick to hack Win 7, and make it original, and then upgrade to Win 10, and i saw how non of my USB will not work, but the board has PS/2 connetor, it was enough to plug in mouse.......
The W7 on Zen was a project challenge last summer. My first attempt was on a Asus Crosshair VI and it didn't work out, too many BSOD's over drivers, and very bad OS to hardware compatibility. I still have that CH6 and it looks brand new in the original box. Might make a W11 gamer for a family member out of that one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What the hell.... So high end ASUS ROG x370 board does not work, but the Gigabyte Aorus x370 works fine on windows 7 that is very interesting... Guess that Aorus K7 is more capable board then the Crosshair in some ways.. Memory OC usually was better on the Aorus as well as the compatibility then Crosshair..

BTW do you enjoy that Corsair K70 keyboard ? As i was wondering if i decide to buy new mechanical KB what to pick (as i am retro HW collector and i have IBM Model M, Cherry G80-1000, Epson KB (Fujitsu) and other vintage well build KB) but as i have vintage KB i dont really need to, but want to have at least 1 modern, to have crappy RGB, black plastic etc... And from what i did research Corsair seems to be one of the high quality Cherry MX manufacturers (as i want 110% genuine Cherry MX, not other crap), as Logitech is the way for mice, but on keyboard side they suck for keyboards, as they are mice manufacturer, while Cooler Master seems not very good to me, Steel Series too, Razer no comment at all, worse brand prob..

What about the Noctua D15 i really enjoy mine, i have the second one in my country as i did buy it from a reviewer, dont even think to sell it and upgrade to the NH-D15 Chromax black..

·
Registered
561 Posts
What the hell.... So high end ASUS ROG x370 board does not work, but the Gigabyte Aorus x370 works fine on windows 7 that is very interesting... Guess that Aorus K7 is more capable board then the Crosshair in some ways.. Memory OC usually was better on the Aorus as well as the compatibility then Crosshair..

BTW do you enjoy that Corsair K70 keyboard ? As i was wondering if i decide to buy new mechanical KB what to pick (as i am retro HW collector and i have IBM Model M, Cherry G80-1000, Epson KB (Fujitsu) and other vintage well build KB) but as i have vintage KB i dont really need to, but want to have at least 1 modern, to have crappy RGB, black plastic etc... And from what i did research Corsair seems to be one of the high quality Cherry MX manufacturers (as i want 110% genuine Cherry MX, not other crap), as Logitech is the way for mice, but on keyboard side they suck for keyboards, as they are mice manufacturer, while Cooler Master seems not very good to me, Steel Series too, Razer no comment at all, worse brand prob..

What about the Noctua D15 i really enjoy mine, i have the second one in my country as i did buy it from a reviewer, dont even think to sell it and upgrade to the NH-D15 Chromax black..
As far as the K70 goes. I really do. It goes back to my 2015 Asus Z170 6700K build. It's not RGB. just red, but I'm not into light shows anyway. Keyboards are just like pillows, whatever works good and feels right. The price is still good if you can find one. Hard to beat the 900 series mice, but you'll get some arguments here from some. BTW, not the Asus ROG 370 but the Asus Crosshair VI was the W7 problem for me.

3721 - 3726 of 3726 Posts