Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
I just got the normal xtreme gaming yesterday.
I did have 2 980 ti hof neither oc'd very well.

This xtreme is doing 1557, benchmark and game stable as i played tomb raider all night at 1440p borderless window to hit 60hz/60fps on a 4ktv.

in Uk price for both cards are virtually the same, after a short time with this card i say go for it with the waterforce version but then all cards oc randomly , good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I started to OC my waterforce.

OC:
Voltage + 87Mv
GPU: 1556 - 1566 MHz
Mem clock actually + 400 MHz
FAN rpm default

I detected the following:

If the temperature is >60° the GPU MHz is going down (in steps) from 1566 to 1556 MHz. Next step seems to be at 67° - max. 1544 MHz.

So you need a good cooling solution to stay on the max settings for the GPU.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdoG View Post

Good idea, but where can I find a custom bios?
http://www.overclock.net/t/1544574/gigabyte-gtx-9xx-g1-gaming-h2o-air-bios-tweaking/0_100
This thread has what you are looking for
thumb.gif
Some very knowledgeable people running it & can give you any advice you may need. BTW very nice OC on your card. I was able to do a few passes of FS & valley at 1553/2001 with mine but it never was a truly stable setting. I have been thinking of flashing my BIOS also but have found a very stable OC of 1508/2001 for everyday use. With a custom fan curve set to keep the core below 70C it never throttles down even though I am still using the stock BIOS. I played a few hrs of ZAT the other day & even in a long session AB showed that it never dropped from 1508MHz on the core. I believe these cards don't start throttling due to temp till 70C, but there are other factors that can make it throttle down. Although if you are looking to push you card to the max a custom BIOS is the way to go. I will probably flash mine down the road but for now I am very happy with it's performance & am using it more for gaming than benching.
wink.gif

·
Registered
16 Posts
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could someone upload their backup of their stock bios for the Waterforce edition 980ti, i will be eternally grateful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts