Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been having a problem with my graphics card ever since i purchased it last saturday.

First of all the computer specs are as follows:

GTX 670 Gigabyte 2gb OC edition (has not been overclocked except the original OC)
8gb RAM
i5 2500 running stock at 3.3ghz
Intel SSD 128gb SSD
Asrock Extreme 4 gen 3
Corsair 750W PSU

The issue: It doesn't seem to be getting the performance that it should be getting.
I previously had a GTX 460SE SLI'd and it seems to be getting similar performance for Dota 2

A friend of mine has the exact same setup with different brand of graphics card and ssd but is running at a constant 120FPS while mine runs at around 50-70FPS.

What I have done so far.

Reformatted Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with the latest drivers.
Flashed the video card BIOS
Updated Drivers for Graphics card to the current and also tried the Latest Beta Drivers.
Flashed the Motherboard Bios

checked GPU-Z and cross referenced to my friends settings and they all seem to be the exact or similar settings.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this issue?
It is running on the pci slot at 16x

I might try reseat the graphics card tonight and run a benchmark test to see if it i resolves it but other than that im kind of out of ideas of what the reason for the issue could be.

Im currently at work but ill try and post a screen shot of what my GPU-Z shows and a benchmark tonight

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
ask your friend, which driver NVIDIA did he use? and try it...since you say that your friend has different "brand" of graphics card....so I assume he has a same chip (GTX 670) like yours.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I'll ask the obvious ... are you sure you're running all the same in-game settings? And neither of you have tweaked the nV Control Panel settings at all?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Are you sure that you're enabled "Prefer Maximum Performance" instead of "Adaptive" on NVCP Power Management Settings? Are your CPU is overclocked?

·
Premium Member
6,668 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies again guys

My nvdia settings are the same went through each one of them one by one..
Also it isn't running under adaptive settings - running at maximum performance.

One thing I managed to find last night is that my CPU is idling at a temp of around 70 degrees celcius and max load would be running under at 100 degrees celcius.

Could that be the reason why? (I think my bios settings throttles down the CPU when its a high heat, which may be the reason why I get low fps??)

Im going to try purchase a aftermarket FAN and buy some thermal paste as I haven't reapplied any for the last 3 years.. I hope my cpu isn't damaged. \

·
Registered
222 Posts
70 Degrees Celcius is kinda hot for it to run idle. If it is shooting to 100 Celcius while you are playing games then something is not right. That may be the cause of the slowdown. Like people have said before me, replace the stock fan that you have. That may do the trick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts