Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it recommended to upgrade to the newly released F13 BIOS for the Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 card? AFAIK, it only adds UEFI support but who knows if it increases/decrease the OC stability of this card? Does anyone know about this? My card shipped with the F12 BIOS.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP!

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BUMP!

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BUMP!

·
Registered
76 Posts
One of my two cards was unstable in Far Cry 3 at stock clocks, flashing the F13 bios fixed that. The other card, upgrading as made no difference in overclocking or other.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano2k View Post

One of my two cards was unstable in Far Cry 3 at stock clocks, flashing the F13 bios fixed that. The other card, upgrading as made no difference in overclocking or other.
Hmmm, ok. Thanks for the info!
smile.gif

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think those are for the new versions of Gigabyte GTX 670?

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What kind of crashes? BSOD error code?

And what nvidia driver version are you using?

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Object error? If you can take a pic of the error, that would be better.

I'm having some TDR (BSOD 0x116) errors with 314.22 and I'm currently looking for solutions also.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I updated to F13 but since then i started to crash in Heaven 4.0 at the last scene with the same clocks i had used with older BIOS. So i reverted back to F12 and the same happens Heaven always crashes at the last scene just before the results should come up. I had to go from +110 offset to +92 to make it stable but the card boosts to the same clock which is 1228 Mhz. Makes me wonder if the older bios was more lenient or something. Its just weird that with +110 and +92 it boosts to the same clock. Tried to mod the F13 bios to unlock the higher voltage and 125% TDP but i cant make it stable.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunin View Post

I updated to F13 but since then i started to crash in Heaven 4.0 at the last scene with the same clocks i had used with older BIOS. So i reverted back to F12 and the same happens Heaven always crashes at the last scene just before the results should come up. I had to go from +110 offset to +92 to make it stable but the card boosts to the same clock which is 1228 Mhz. Makes me wonder if the older bios was more lenient or something. Its just weird that with +110 and +92 it boosts to the same clock. Tried to mod the F13 bios to unlock the higher voltage and 125% TDP but i cant make it stable.
Well, you did revert to F12 and still was not stable with your old clocks, right? I think that is a good indication that you weren't really stable even with the old vBIOS. Makes sense?

·
Registered
497 Posts
In theory yes. But why it wasnt crashing then but started since ive flashed the F13 and went back to the same bios that was exctracted from the card before flashing to F13. The original BIOS that the card came with is now crashing too.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunin View Post

In theory yes. But why it wasnt crashing then but started since ive flashed the F13 and went back to the same bios that was exctracted from the card before flashing to F13. The original BIOS that the card came with is now crashing too.
That's weird but I don't think the F13 BIOS did any damage to your GPU. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? What version do you use?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm wondering if it's worth trying this BIOS for my 670 WF 3X - I Get TDR's in every single game I play, but the card runs fine on any benchmarks I've put it though?
redface.gif

Tried sending it back to the place where I bought it but it's now being returned to me because they couldn't find any problems... not overly familiar with using different BIOS versions on GFX cards really.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts