Overclock.net banner

7921 - 7925 of 7925 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Back for some fun ... I think ...

Well my monitors finally died at home and I looking to get one of those super fine samsung g9 displays but sided on the LG 38GN950-B : 38” as the 980ti max resolution doesn't go up to 5k ... the 8700k and gtx 1080 i picked up does but that system is waiting on my delid ... issue is my DP version needs a bump so i can get the full refresh rate of the monitor ... as I am using a custom bios i cannot just use the nvidia tool now ... was not certain if it was because nvprotection was on or not ... but I went ahead and removed it and then re-flashed it back to what i saved before putting in the custom bios... the firmware is now updated to DP 1.4

... not sure if anything would be done on the custom bios before i go back up to it so i waiting to do anything more for now... for sanity sake and preventing un-necessary pain =)

Thanks for your hard work on providing this Leviathan ...

I attached what i believe i was running on my 980 ti before the reflash as I never deleted the renamed file from the tool directory..

Gigabyte Windforce 980 ti 6GB

Attachments

·
Maximum_Unleashed
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,922 (Edited)
Well my monitors finally died at home and I looking to get one of those super fine samsung g9 displays but sided on the LG 38GN950-B : 38” as the 980ti max resolution doesn't go up to 5k ... the 8700k and gtx 1080 i picked up does but that system is waiting on my delid ... issue is my DP version needs a bump so i can get the full refresh rate of the monitor ... as I am using a custom bios i cannot just use the nvidia tool now ... was not certain if it was because nvprotection was on or not ... but I went ahead and removed it and then re-flashed it back to what i saved before putting in the custom bios... the firmware is now updated to DP 1.4

... not sure if anything would be done on the custom bios before i go back up to it so i waiting to do anything more for now... for sanity sake and preventing un-necessary pain =)

Thanks for your hard work on providing this Leviathan ...

I attached what i believe i was running on my 980 ti before the reflash as I never deleted the renamed file from the tool directory..

Gigabyte Windforce 980 ti 6GB
Ty :)
I cannot confirm, but this would be what I suspect might work.

(1) Flash back to the STOCK BIOS
(2) Run the display port firmware update (as you did)
(3) Re-flash the modified BIOS back to the card.

I would ignore what the tool says as long as it works. If that doesn't work (blank display) then the only options are to use iGPU or HDMI for the boot screen and when you get into windows use the display port.

The Gigabyte BIOS' are posted in the OP, you just need to know which revision (F3/F4 or F10)

·
Maximum_Unleashed
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,923

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Maximum_Unleashed
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,925
So this thread has now gone through 2 different migrations... lol The BIOS' still appear to be in the OP... just don't try to make any sense of it now :)

If anyone needs any help finding anything just let me know ;)

7921 - 7925 of 7925 Posts